Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
it bolts under that OEM valve so all connections are stock
no capping off anything

it's a different way to get to the same end result - sound not power
Exactly. I'd just unhook the stock hose and plug the hole in the intake tube. Like whoosh said, you'll have the same end result, but save some cash.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Just to clarify, the factory BPV does not regulate boost in any way during WOT. The only time the BOV opens is when the ETC (throttle) is let off and there is no requested load.

The factory wastegate, wastegate solenoid, and ETC controls the boost that the engine sees. You can go from the factory electronic BPV to a mechanical BPV no problem. The Turbosmart bolt on BPV is not mechanical, it is only a cap that bolts onto the stock BPV solenoid so it still works like OEM.

The only way to convert to a mechanical BOV is by changing out the factory charge piping to one of our kits, or one of the other kits on the market.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Just to clarify, the factory BPV does not regulate boost in any way during WOT. The only time the BOV opens is when the ETC (throttle) is let off and there is no requested load.

The factory wastegate, wastegate solenoid, and ETC controls the boost that the engine sees. You can go from the factory electronic BPV to a mechanical BPV no problem. The Turbosmart bolt on BPV is not mechanical, it is only a cap that bolts onto the stock BPV solenoid so it still works like OEM.

The only way to convert to a mechanical BOV is by changing out the factory charge piping to one of our kits, or one of the other kits on the market.
knowledge is power - thanks for this post

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Question, with the MMR intake, are you guys venting to atmosphere or recirculating the BOV hose like if the car was stock?

I had a boomba BOV, at highway speeds the BOV would go off and it's ANNOYING!!! Made the car sound like it had a problem (I know it didn't)..

If the MMR is doing this as well, I won't be using it whatsover.. Keep in mind with the Boomba or VTA with a stock setup, the wssshhhh from the BOV only happens at highway speeds.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Question, with the MMR intake, are you guys venting to atmosphere or recirculating the BOV hose like if the car was stock?

I had a boomba BOV, at highway speeds the BOV would go off and it's ANNOYING!!! Made the car sound like it had a problem (I know it didn't)..

If the MMR is doing this as well, I won't be using it whatsover.. Keep in mind with the Boomba or VTA with a stock setup, the wssshhhh from the BOV only happens at highway speeds.
I removed the Boomba BOV for this reason as well, I really didn't like the random blow off under light acceleration on the highway. I don't know about the MMR intake but I recently installed the Cobb intake with the BPV still recirculating like stock and it magnifies the BPV sound and makes the blow off during highway light throttle cruising loud again sadly. I love the intake and the sound it makes under acceleration but having the random blow off while under throttle is annoying to me too. I think the only way to stop this is with a mechanical BOV.

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Are u kidding me? I just ordered the mmr.. but it is not as bad as the boomba adapter tho right?

A turbosmart is cool but more money for no ponies:/

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Are u kidding me? I just ordered the mmr.. but it is not as bad as the boomba adapter tho right?

A turbosmart is cool but more money for no ponies:/
I'd say it's almost about as loud as it was with the Boomba. Maybe the MMR intake has a different design but I think all these intakes basically open up all the sounds of the BPV, which sadly on the EB includes the blow off under throttle. I dunno if I'll get used to it or get sick of it enough to go turbosmart bov.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I'd say it's almost about as loud as it was with the Boomba. Maybe the MMR intake has a different design but I think all these intakes basically open up all the sounds of the BPV, which sadly on the EB includes the blow off under throttle. I dunno if I'll get used to it or get sick of it enough to go turbosmart bov.
Yes, a mechanical BOV is the way to go. I was pretty annoyed with the OEM unit opening randomly. Once you go mechanical you won't have that issue.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Any chance for a BPV in the near future? I want to keep the air inside, not woosh it outside.

Sponsored

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Yes, a mechanical BOV is the way to go. I was pretty annoyed with the OEM unit opening randomly. Once you go mechanical you won't have that issue.
I think ALL the CAI will make this woosshh noise on the highway. Some just have an exhaust so it's not as loud.

Totally sucks.. Don't want a real BOV yet since the turbo isn't proven (seals, etc) and a BOV will def void the warranty.

Sighs.. Guess stock intake for me :mad:

EnFOURcer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turbosmartusa.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, 2015 5.0, 2007 GT500, 2014 Tremor

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Not sure why you think wire splicing is required.

The CEL Defender plugs right in where the OEM solenoid valve did.

The early versions "clipped" onto the wires but even they were not splices.
I was watching installation videos for the TurboSmart BOV and they spliced the wires.. I hope you are right tho!

Just installed the mmr cai and damn that thing is beast. I have a tune so maybe that's why I felt power, better throttle response and wicked noises. I did go on the highway and yes, it made the pssshhhh noise when I was cruising:/

For the sound and performance gained, I'll get a real BOV.. time to research it and hopefully it won't cause problems like downpipes
Sponsored