Sponsored

Boss 302 Emblems

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well I meant wouldn't do it on a car that's not a real Boss. On a real one doesn't count.

To me its tacky like the people putting Brembo stickers on their non PP brakes. If they were made by Brembo they'd be marked as such like the PP are.
Sponsored

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
I don't get it. People like to do this and call it a "Tribute" car...I find it tacky to badge a car as anything other than what it is.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Yes, to most its tacky, ricey, or just down right insulting. My question is why do ppl care so much? Out of all the worlds problems ppl focus on this. It's not your car, its probably not something you'll have the power to sway ppl from doing, and chances are no matter how much you complain and argue they'll do it anyway. Its just a car, period. It's not like they're slapping DOHC VTEC stickers on it or throwing Ferrari ponies on it. Do what you want to YOUR car, you just have to live with knowing its something its not. I personally don't care or take offense. No relatives of mine created Ford or even had a hand engineering any of the cars, so I wont lose sleep over it. Who knows maybe it'll look good and inspire Ford to recreate the Boss for a later S550.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I say do what you want, but I would consider it a "Tribute" car and never market it or tell people it's a Boss 302. I had thought of doing a Saleen Tribute, marking it similar to the Saleens of the late 80's which were my eras Shelbys..lol. I wouldn't say to people it was anything other than a tribute. Now I am leaning more towards a P-51 tribute in a small way, putting a name done in the style of WW2 nose art from a P-51 that served in the Pacific on the fenders where the 5.0 badge would go (in the V8 car). But again that's me. You do what you want, and as long as you don't care about any criticism that comes your way.. You should have no worries. That's my two cents.. :)

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Well I meant wouldn't do it on a car that's not a real Boss. On a real one doesn't count.

To me its tacky like the people putting Brembo stickers on their non PP brakes. If they were made by Brembo they'd be marked as such like the PP are.
I know...Was just stirring the oil-->:cheers:

Agreed, Stickers/Badges/Decals/Paint Schemes are (In some instances) Iconic Brands/Advertising/Symbols meant to mean for example "BOSS 429" Not, "BOSS 429 STICKER"-->:tsk:

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, to most its tacky, ricey, or just down right insulting. My question is why do ppl care so much? Out of all the worlds problems ppl focus on this. It's not your car, its probably not something you'll have the power to sway ppl from doing, and chances are no matter how much you complain and argue they'll do it anyway. Its just a car, period. It's not like they're slapping DOHC VTEC stickers on it or throwing Ferrari ponies on it. Do what you want to YOUR car, you just have to live with knowing its something its not. I personally don't care or take offense. No relatives of mine created Ford or even had a hand engineering any of the cars, so I wont lose sleep over it. Who knows maybe it'll look good and inspire Ford to recreate the Boss for a later S550.
Normally, I would agree with you. Can't stand the pretentious attitudes that some have regarding a mass produced car.

"It's not a Mustang unless it has a V8."
"Plastidipped parts are tacky"
"Why are you putting gold rims on that Mustang!?!"

It's like everyone wants all these cars to look exactly the same... or they think we are all driving BMWs.

However, OP did ask for everyone's opinion so that's what he's getting. I will also add my own; putting Boss 302 stickers on something that is not a Boss 302 seems a bit silly. Putting 302 on your car would make sense, however, you already have two 5.0 badges on your fenders which is essentially saying the same thing. If I really wanted to put 302 somewhere on my car, I would replace the 5.0 badges with 302 badges using a similar font/texture/size. It's your car, though. Do what makes YOU happy.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
Nothing wrong with putting Boss 302 style stripe package on your car, I just wouldn't put the "BOSS 302' decal on it. I personally love the look of the 69 Bosses, with the blacked out trunk lid and hood and C-stripes. It's no different than all the GT350 style stripes other people are putting on there cars. They are not trying to fake a GT350, they just love the look of the stripe package. The ones that put Roush noses and spoilers on there cars are not trying to fake Roush's, they love the styling. Make it what you want and enjoy it.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or run like hell from it!:crazy::shrug::doh::confused::tsk::frusty:
I think that's enough smilies to some it up.

OP
OP

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Thanks for all the input. I agree that it is tacky to put "Boss 302" on a car that is not a Boss 302. But I like the Boss 302 Style stripes (from 2013). I think I will add the stripes and leave out the Boss text.

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the input. I agree that it is tacky to put "Boss 302" on a car that is not a Boss 302. But I like the Boss 302 Style stripes (from 2013). I think I will add the stripes and leave out the Boss text.
post pix when its done!

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Normally, I would agree with you. Can't stand the pretentious attitudes that some have regarding a mass produced car.

"It's not a Mustang unless it has a V8."
"Plastidipped parts are tacky"
"Why are you putting gold rims on that Mustang!?!"

It's like everyone wants all these cars to look exactly the same... or they think we are all driving BMWs.

However, OP did ask for everyone's opinion so that's what he's getting. I will also add my own; putting Boss 302 stickers on something that is not a Boss 302 seems a bit silly. Putting 302 on your car would make sense, however, you already have two 5.0 badges on your fenders which is essentially saying the same thing. If I really wanted to put 302 somewhere on my car, I would replace the 5.0 badges with 302 badges using a similar font/texture/size. It's your car, though. Do what makes YOU happy.
You are absolutely right. I personally like my car plain, never was a fan of stripes but I keep seeing the GT350 stripes and I must say I am coming around. Its subjective and I wouldn't have it any other way. I like ppls cars being distinguishable to their tastes. It would be boring if it were all the same. There is no objective best car.
Sponsored