Boost Works Single Turbo Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Dang, I just had SW headers installed..... Looking forward to seeing how this compares to the SC's.
As long as thoughtful design and quality construction are there - Boost Works has proven they got both on lock - a turbo kit will most definitely outperform a supercharger kit pound per pound of boost. It's a simple efficiency game, and turbos are much more efficient. However, you have to deal with tradeoffs like heat, packaging, oiling reqs. (mainly low mount), and jealous supercharged guys (take the bait)...
Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
As long as thoughtful design and quality construction are there - Boost Works has proven they got both on lock - a turbo kit will most definitely outperform a supercharger kit pound per pound of boost. It's a simple efficiency game, and turbos are much more efficient. However, you have to deal with tradeoffs like heat, packaging, oiling reqs. (mainly low mount), and jealous supercharged guys (take the bait)...
Heat? Lava blanket and get exhaust manifold/headers Swaintech coated. I swear by their coating, it's phenomenal.

Oil requirements are negligible.

Dealing with the boost threshold could be a thing. Are we talking a tiny turbo? A big one? Is it going to be a twin scroll? When can we expect boost to come on with this set up?

Boost leaks. God I hate boost leaks. The extra plumbing for boost can be a nightmare, but I'm sure the guys at Boost Works have an intuitive set up worked out.

Butt hurt supercharged guys? I myself love every kind of boost. I had a turbo car, but this time wanted a supercharged car. I bought a Whipple knowing full well that the Hellion Kit was available and making more power. Didn't matter. For my next car I'm going to go as far as I can NA, and then add nitrous.

I'm sure many other supercharged guys feel similarly. I hope this product is a success, because successful competition breeds cheaper prices for all of us.

Last edited:

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
The best part about single turbo is that, ALL the charged air from that engine goes into ONE turbo to spool it. A properly sized turbo will kick very fast. I'm sure Travis will size it right for this kit. I've had single turbo with twin scroll and titanium blades (very light and strong) and that thing spooled instantly.

A twin is nice, but you have to use small turbos (each get only 50%) juice and that kills the top end.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
The best part about single turbo is that, ALL the charged air from that engine goes into ONE turbo to spool it. A properly sized turbo will kick very fast. I'm sure Travis will size it right for this kit. I've had single turbo with twin scroll and titanium blades (very light and strong) and that thing spooled instantly.

A twin is nice, but you have to use small turbos (each get only 50%) juice and that kills the top end.
kills top end? are you on drugs try tell the hellion or other twin turbo guys they kill top end.... :tsk:

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
kills top end? are you on drugs try tell the hellion or other twin turbo guys they kill top end.... :tsk:
I'm not on drugs, and talk from experience. Go re-read what I said, Using "Small" twins to get quick low end TQ, dies off on the top end. I've had them both and each has different character.
Sure you can put two massive twins that carries you to 8000 RPM, but you get no low end.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Well, i THOUGHT I knew what I wanted - but the KILLER price, ease of install of a turbo says I am listening for sure :thumbsup:

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Most of the big power supras out there ditch the stock twin turbo set-up for a massive single turbo. As far as I know, for maximum top end power, single is better than twin.

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
76mm ball bearing Precision turbo plz as standard!

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I'm not on drugs, and talk from experience. Go re-read what I said, Using "Small" twins to get quick low end TQ, dies off on the top end. I've had them both and each has different character.
Sure you can put two massive twins that carries you to 8000 RPM, but you get no low end.
quoted from YOU that was from the blackbird thread that fell off the face of the planet...

I've had centri, PD and TT on different cars. My humble suggestion is to save the money and get the TT. I say this, because I went through the centri first and I never liked it for street/city driving on a Corvette. You will spend a lot of money at the end, and always tell yourself, "I should have done TT". In my personal opinion, Turbo is the most fun that you never get tired. Save your money and do it right.
Z_Rocks is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

so which is it you like the TT kits like the blackbird kit that fell off the planet or now you are swinging off a single kit?

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I like the name "blackbird".

Can have a Blackbird Cobra Mustang - all the food groups.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
quoted from YOU that was from the blackbird thread that fell off the face of the planet...

I've had centri, PD and TT on different cars. My humble suggestion is to save the money and get the TT. I say this, because I went through the centri first and I never liked it for street/city driving on a Corvette. You will spend a lot of money at the end, and always tell yourself, "I should have done TT". In my personal opinion, Turbo is the most fun that you never get tired. Save your money and do it right.

so which is it you like the TT kits like the blackbird kit that fell off the planet or now you are swinging off a single kit?
I love TT for street driving and a quick response which I said each has different character. And I also like Single large turbo that keeps pulling to 8000 RPM. With smaller twin, you can get boost at 2500, with a a large turbo from a 5.0 liter, you start around 4000, which is too late for street but great for track or top end racing.

With Single, twin scroll and properly sized turbo, you can get close to TT for half the cost and almost get the best of both worlds.
And I talked very highly of blackbird, Travis TT and JPC's Single, each for it's own application.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang

Sounds like he's here for the new single setup, I'm sure we can argue the finer points, and search through old posting to say gatcha. If you want twins, go for it, if you prefer a single...your in the right place !

Looking forward to more information on the system :)

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
for sale

kenne bell

make offer.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
for sale
kenne bell
make offer.
:D Serious? Man, I told you way back when you were waiting for Travis's TT, to wait longer but you changed your mind and went with KB. Still a great SC, but you will love Turbo. It's the best F/I IMHO.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.