HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not used to seeing road speed instead of RPMs. What's the conversion factor for that chart? I don't know the rear and trans ratios and tire sizes involved to calculate myself.

Last edited:

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Will you offer regular turbos and with this kit? If someone did not want the oil less

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Not used to seeing road speed instead of RPMs. What's the conversion factor for that chart? I don't know the rear and trans ratios and tire sizes involved to calculate myself.
where they cross is 5252. where they cut off is probably 7200rpm based off of what they have said previously. low end? idk, extrapolate?

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Will you offer regular turbos and with this kit? If someone did not want the oil less
I believe the base kit will be standard turbos with a scavenge pump and the oil-less turbos are an upgrade.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry.. we usually do it in engine speed, but we were trying to figure out what MPH we could hold the gear as we were getting ready to run the Texas Mile. Boost comes on at around 3200rpm, and peak TQ occurs at around 3800rpm. Hope that helps.

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
Just finishing up tuning on the GT. We've spent the last few days working on drive-ability and load cell tuning. After some tweaking, we've managed to squeeze 675whp and 602wtq out of our base model Automatic GT at 8.5psi. This is on 93 octane, with an otherwise stock engine. Timing is at a conservative 15.5-16 degrees. The only other mods the car has is a set of Corsa mufflers with 3" piping.

This is our base kit, which will cost in the 6-7K range and be capable of making over 1000hp right out of the box. As you can see we manage to make a pretty nasty TQ curve. The turbo's come on hard at around 32-3300rpm. 600wtq @ around 3800-3900rpm makes for a very fun car to drive!

Goofing off on the stock Pirelli's.. https://www.instagram.com/p/BDkR1I-JQAj/?taken-by=boost_works

Car has no traction at all. lol.. Going to switch to Toyo R888's tomorrow, and will do shake-down runs at the Texas Mile this weekend. :)
How would this kit work for a daily driver? I was thinking about going with a p/d supercharger, but this Dyno graphs is awesome. I won't be doing much racing. Thanks!

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
How would this kit work for a daily driver? I was thinking about going with a p/d supercharger, but this Dyno graphs is awesome. I won't be doing much racing. Thanks!
As a turbo car owner for over 12 years, I can tell you, you can drive a turbo car all day in normal mode (with no boost) and the car will even drive better than N/A mode because the turbo(s) are feeding the engine air rather than the engine sucking for air. As long as you're not in boost it drives normally and happily with zero problem with your MPG. Or you can drive it all day long in boost and have a big smile on your face.

No F/I comes near Turbo, IMHO. With Travis's experience & knowledge, I'm sure this kit will have all the parts coordinated well.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Are these turbo's mounted in the engine bay or under the car ?

Some pic's would be great. :cheers:

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
^^^undermount.. There is another thread for this set up... Looks very nice imo.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
^^^undermount.. There is another thread for this set up... Looks very nice imo.
Thanks I was looking for an update on the SBD twin kit and I stumbled across this Boost Works kit. Seems like many possible TT kits but none available yet other than the Hellion system.

Status
Not open for further replies.