Boomba Racing Short Throw Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Here at Boomba Racing we've been doing some research on how to improve the S550. We've learned it's a great car with a lot of strong suits, however that doesn't mean there isn't room to make things better!

The shifter is good but we saw a lot of room for improvement. We toyed around with the idea of making a full short shifter assembly but ruled that out in favor of something that would be easier to install. Our prototype is a short shift arm that installs easily by removing the center console and is done completely from inside the vehicle. Lifting the car is not necessary.

What you are looking at is our prototype short throw shifter for the 2015 + Ford Mustang. It lowers the shift lever by about 1" as well as shortens the throws between gears. It makes for a much more positive shifting experience. This allows you to keep your arm flat while you shift, rather than pivoting your arm and elbow at an awkward angle.

Pricing and availability will be out shortly!

This looks amazing! Besides the qball design, will you guys build a shifter knob similar to the gt350 and camaro6 in the near future? I would love to purchase a combo with that knob. Thank you!

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
can we start all making guesses of how much it will cost? $225?

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
can we start all making guesses of how much it will cost? $225?
I hope They sale without knob model as well. that cases people can buy it little easier.

Sponsored

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I can only be so erect. Sub'd for release date!

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Looks great I like how low it sits! Subd for additional details:thumbsup:

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
It won't be $225...they did say competitive. Look at current competition pricing. I would be surprised if it was lower than $350

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It won't be $225...they did say competitive. Look at current competition pricing. I would be surprised if it was lower than $350
If it is $350 or more, that makes it a non-starter for me. I'd rather go mgw which includes the assembly as well for $475. Or barton for $450.

Imo, this needs to come in under $300 (hopefully well under) given it is only the arm.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
If it is $350 or more, that makes it a non-starter for me. I'd rather go mgw which includes the assembly as well for $475. Or barton for $450.

Imo, this needs to come in under $300 (hopefully well under) given it is only the arm.
I agree big time at even $250 I will not purchase, and go for the MGW.

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Honestly i would only pay about 100 for both the knob and the shifter.... im just gonna do what i always do which is wait for ebay mockups to become available. If i could just get that black reverse collar and the knob id be set.

thewoodscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Base
Shifter looks good, you guys have some sweet parts for the ST world, glad to have you guys on board for the S550

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Honestly i would only pay about 100 for both the knob and the shifter.... im just gonna do what i always do which is wait for ebay mockups to become available. If i could just get that black reverse collar and the knob id be set.
Looking at their website, their other shifters are $175-230. I'd definitely be in at $175. $230 would be my limit.

Hoosierdaddy27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
Sub'd
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.