Body panel alignment issues

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Sorry it bothers you that those of us with issues are voicing our unhappiness. If it's old then move on and don't read it. Great for you and your perfect car, if it wasn't perfect I guess you wouldn't complain since people complaining bothers you do much.

Way to be a dick! So there!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Hey, thanks for the compliment.

Read the comment I quoted. He said FORD IS THE WORST. That is a big, broad brush to paint with....Hence my "so there".

As I have commented directly to you and even on this page. I wish you the best of luck getting your car fixed. It does suck you are having to go thru that.
Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Hey, thanks for the compliment.

Read the comment I quoted. He said FORD IS THE WORST. That is a big, broad brush to paint with....Hence my "so there".

As I have commented directly to you and even on this page. I wish you the best of luck getting your car fixed. It does suck you are having to go thru that.
Thanks, I actually just got home from dropping off my car and Ford failed to have a rental for me when I arrived on time for my appointment. I had to wait an hour to get a rental and had to cancel my dentist appointment. Dealing with Ford has been very frustrating. Sorry I snapped at you. I am so tired of arguing with Ford and again they fail to follow through. Ford told me last week the field engineer would be coming to look at my car tomorrow now the collision center said maybe 5 days. So frustrating.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Just wanted to post an update. I dropped my car off yesterday at the stealership's collision center for the final repair attempt and the field engineer came to look at my car AGAIN. Ford still hasn't approved the repair and I am going to pick up my car tomorrow afternoon. No one bothered to call me with an update on my car, I had to call to find out, as I expected, Ford didn't do a damn thing! They completely wasted 4 hrs of my time yesterday and two hours of work I will miss tomorrow to pick up my car. Next step is arbitration.

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
Have u contacted ford directly instead of working through dealership?

I understand the frustration, I won't EVER by another Toyota due to issues with a car I had falling apart. Car manufacturers need to realize that a bad experience can hurt them for long time.

Hope u get it resolved.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Have u contacted ford directly instead of working through dealership?

I understand the frustration, I won't EVER by another Toyota due to issues with a car I had falling apart. Car manufacturers need to realize that a bad experience can hurt them for long time.

Hope u get it resolved.
Yes, I tried to work with Ford, I had a CSR and case number, it's not the dealership not wanting to fix my car, it's Ford who has denied a warranty repair.

I have filed a warranty claim with the BBB Auto Line and I am going through the Lemon Law process. This was a part of the process. You have to notify Ford in writing and give them an opportunity to make a final repair attempt.

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Sorry it bothers you that those of us with issues are voicing our unhappiness. If it's old then move on and don't read it. Great for you and your perfect car, if it wasn't perfect I guess you wouldn't complain since people complaining bothers you so much. Way to be a dick about people having issues.

While I was at the dealership today to drop off my car for the final repair attempt I spoke to several people that work there and every Mustang they've gotten has had issues with panel alignment. Mine is the worst they've seen.

Once again...I would love to hear what Ford is going to do to address this? It seems like such a waste of time and money and frustration for a 40k car ??!!??!!
Maybe this is some type of glitch with the 15' model year?? How can this keep occurring? Ford Quality Control not spotting this??

Last edited:

S550 Sema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP2
Dropped my car off Monday night to get the body panel issue checked out. As of right now they're still waiting to hear back from ford. I'm debating picking the car up and dropping it back off when they hear back. I don't want the car sitting there for a week when I could be enjoying it [emoji51]

IG - S550_Sema

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Update:
Dealer called. Ford asked my dealer to order a brand new trunk lid because the body shop can't fix the old one what was crooked. Some other parts are on the way too. Last couple of days, the shop tried to fix the alignment issues. Yesterday they started to fix the damages from the hit and run. Parts on back order.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 _Mustang GT
Went to see the car I ordered. Pretty much all that is highlighted in this thread its wrong with the car. I ask the salesperson about fixing the alignment issues and you know what was her answer? "These cars are perfect, your car is perfect just look at it!" I told her about this forum and proceded to say "Those people don't know what they are talking about" Whattt? Seriously?

So yeah, car is ALL misaligned. Saleswoman is the worst.
I hope you can get your deposit back. I had some of the issues but not as bad as others. The rear bumper wasn't fixed 100% so I'll probably take it to another dealer when I have the time. They did fix my hood issues though.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Olla.
I hope you didn't take the car!

Last edited:

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My 02/10 build EcoBoost Premium convertible had 'perfect panel alignment'. I laid a ruler along some of the fitments and they matched 'exactly'. I suppose a micrometer might show some variation, but not by eye, which is all I wanted.

My dealer was so glad that my convertible was so well built...I had repeatedly told him that I wouldn't accept mis-alignments and then have to wait for and fight Ford to issue body shop repairs.
He told me last year a fellow from Chicago bought the only Shelby still for sale in the Upper Midwest, from him. The guy arrived with a custom covered trailer. Looked at the Shelby and said that he would not accept it because the front torsion bar was silver and that OEM bars only came in black. The buyer finally accepted a 500 dollar price cut. My dealer found out later that ALL of the Shelbys had silver front torsion bars!

Last edited:

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
any updates on more recent builds and seeing if ford has been correcting the issue at the plant or not?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
any updates on more recent builds and seeing if ford has been correcting the issue at the plant or not?
The panel issues are not corrected, cars are still being delivered with the issue.

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
Mine are good too. Some of the pictures in this thread don't look like misalignment to me. I've been to dealership recently and didnot see anything in the way of misalignment that would be considered a defect. When some this is raised/rubbing or related to door or trunk/hood then Yes defect, but some of those others where u have to measure a little ridiculous.
Sponsored