Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If anyone is thinking about purchasing this they need to stop thinking and go out and buy it already. I knew I liked it the second I drove the car, but today I actually got to do a little spirited driving. All I can say is it put a huge smile on my face. Along with BMR's other products it really does make the car handle on a completely different level. Kelly recommended me purchase the sway bars, end links, vertical links, and toe arms. Previously owned an FRS which had a bunch of suspension mods and I would put this car up against it confidently. Thanks again BMR you've got a customer for life!

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Looks good, pretty sure I'm going this route with the big "three" upgrades ya have here. Maybe you can market them in a kit :thumbsup: I'm only waiting a little while longer and keep everything OEM incase anything warranty wise pops up. Maybe wait till 20-25k miles...maybe lol

BTW, the attachment bolts on the toe rods are a little long...ya might think about shortening the bolts you give in the kit

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
I'm ready to buy this now that I'm back to work again. I see it's an easy install that I can do in a driveway. Do I need to get an alignment afterwards?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I'm ready to buy this now that I'm back to work again. I see it's an easy install that I can do in a driveway. Do I need to get an alignment afterwards?
I cannot state that you must get an alignment - but I will say, I DO recommend atleast taking the car to an alignment shop and having it checked. If off, then of course have it aligned.

Sponsored

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
I got my cradle lockout and vertical links today. Going to install probably this weekend.

I noticed the bushings on the vertical link are not symmetrical. How do I know which way to orient the vertical link? Will it be obvious when I take off the stock link?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it is obvious.

The machined beveled side goes into the top mounting point, once you do that everything else is self explanatory.

On the lower side, orientation does not matter.

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it is obvious.

The machined beveled side goes into the top mounting point, once you do that everything else is self explanatory.

On the lower side, orientation does not matter.
Figured. Thanks!

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I done fucked up somehow and the threads on one of my cradle bolts is cross threaded. The bolt itself is fine, but the threads in the body/frame are jacked up and I can't get it threaded in more than one or two threads before it stops. Not sure how it happened since I thread them on by hand at least a few turns when I put them back in.

Does anyone know what size tap I will need? The biggest I have is a half inch and that's not big enough...

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
PM me your cell and I'll walk you through it if you want. I just went through that and it has to be fixed right or you're in deep shit.

But the short story is the threads are pretty damn deep so you should be ok... The tapered threads on the bolt let you get a few turns in before you notice it's crossed, that's how it happens. If you fix it right it will still hold the torque because there are so many threads. It's a m14x2 thread. But you gotta make sure you re thread it right and not start all new threads. I'm a machinist and had to do that stuff million times... If you are not experienced with thread repairs get someone that is

Last edited:

Sponsored

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I sent a PM.

I am probably going to just have it flat bedded it to a shop since I don't have access to a M14x2 tap unless one of my friends digs one up somewhere.

Even then, I am not confident that I'll do it right since I've never tapped threads before. I imagine I'd have to move the entire IRS cradle out of the way to tap the threads? No way you can tap it through the cradle, right?

Right now trying to find a place in Suffolk County Long Island that will do it on Monday for me...

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Petrolwerks in Lindenhurst got it all taken care of for me, crisis averted. I'll give it some hard launches later as report back

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Petrolwerks in Lindenhurst got it all taken care of for me, crisis averted. I'll give it some hard launches later as report back
I just got to catch up on here, and started to panic.

I am glad to see you got it squared away! Bolt/thread issues can be unnerving, that is certain!

Enjoy your parts!

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My mistake was turning to the wrench before the bolt was all the way in. Should have threaded it all the way in by hand. Hope everyone else can learn from my dumb mistake!

bonomo53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Saw your car on their instagram today. I had them install some parts a few weeks ago they do a great job.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.