BMR Suspension: Preparing one of our S550 Mustangs for PRI Indy 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
That's a sweet looking brace up front. Any chance of weight savings there over the stock unit, or is it all about stiffness? Id' love a way to get some lbs. off the front of the car.

-T
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
That's a sweet looking brace up front. Any chance of weight savings there over the stock unit, or is it all about stiffness? Id' love a way to get some lbs. off the front of the car.

-T
If it's anything like the 05-14 replacement k member it'll save 20 lbs or so.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
BMR, do you guys plan on making springs specific to the ecoboost cars?

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Vert cool bracing system that is a bolt in deal. Cant wait to pick these up along with the other stuff.

Gudz2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I would love to know if it has any weight savings

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I would love to know if it has any weight savings
The front Subframe System pictured ("K-Member") is about 15lbs lighter than the OEM piece.

The piece pictured is not quite what the production piece will look like - so the weight will change a little.

I will be posting info as the time comes closer to releasing these components.

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
Since the rearmost k-member bolts and the IRS support bracket bolts are both so close to the jacking rails, any thoughts of somehow connecting everything together to make one big full-length chassis stiffener?

How about thoughts on extending the jacking rails a bit more forward and rear of the mounting spots? It almost seems that the rearmost jacking location wouldn't be far back enough to just jack up the rear corner. Unless they are made to jack up one whole side of the car at once.

Or is this all top secret? :D

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
^ That's a little inaccurate, but I see what your saying.

Technically, we had them in 2005. Our S197 k and arms fit this car with a spindle swap, like the Watson kit.

They don't have the other parts on the rear, to my knowledge.

Either way, we will be the first to release most of the parts for this car. Standard for the par.

;)
So what you are saying is Ford lied to us when they said the car and chassis was all new. No surprise there :p I'm pretty sure there were a number of us pointing out the ridiculousness of the claim when the floor pan was distinctly S197. It appears the front frame rails are ALSO modified from the S197 chassis if your K-members fit? Interesting observation... not that there is a valid reason to use the S197 K-Member when this one is far simpler.

I also see how you fixed the wheel hop... you removed the rear differential and associated components! I'm not sure that's what you intended to do to fix the wheel hop! What does it run in the quarter mile with this setup? :lol:

In other news, I actually see how you fixed the wheel hop. It would appear to me that there are at least two components to the wheel hop issue on the S550... Seems like some inexpensive fixes will cure that issue quite well.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
^ That's a little inaccurate, but I see what your saying.

Technically, we had them in 2005. Our S197 k and arms fit this car with a spindle swap, like the Watson kit.

They don't have the other parts on the rear, to my knowledge.

Either way, we will be the first to release most of the parts for this car. Standard for the par.

;)
I saw the car Kim Mapes was working on at the building on Dix in brownstown. I'm 10 min from that building. My 1969 camaro was on their Dyno.

Can you tell me what I saw?

First to market isn't always the best to market. I'm sure bmr makes improvements over time.
The bmr parts on my grand national were top notch

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I saw the car Kim Mapes was working on at the building on Dix in brownstown. I'm 10 min from that building. My 1969 camaro was on their Dyno.

Can you tell me what I saw?

First to market isn't always the best to market. I'm sure bmr makes improvements over time.
The bmr parts on my grand national were top notch
I am at PRI right now (since Wednesday)

I have spent a few hours with the WR guys. Kim Sr and Jr...David, Chuck, Patrick etc.

They have their K-Member system on display, as well as on their car here.

I would imagine, that if they had a direct replacement as we have pictured...it would be here on display. Not sure why they would want to hide that in the land of aftermarket craving attention for business purpose.

Maybe they have one in development....but that would completely contradict what they told me personally a few hours ago. They made it clear that their focus is purely on drag only components at this point, and that they are starting production on their K/Arm set-up soon.

I like their kit a lot. I think it is a great option for a drag racer.

They thought ours was fantastic, as well.

I look forward to seeing what everyone brings to the table for this car.

Agreed, first is not always best. But, usually the first are the first, for a reason. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.