Sponsored

BmacIL's Guard GT Build

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've thoroughly tested the HTRZ3s on this car, 8 tires. They're 300tw and have been a great all around tire. Very impressed for their price.

These are even cheaper, and are supposed to be very good.

I autocross for fun, and to see how high I can punch with my car and handicapped tires, not ultimate times.

I'll keep you posted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've thoroughly tested the HTRZ3s on this car, 8 tires. They're 300tw and have been a great all around tire. Very impressed for their price.

These are even cheaper, and are supposed to be very good.

I autocross for fun, and to see how high I can punch with my car and handicapped tires, not ultimate times.

I'll keep you posted.
Same. Autocrossing on A/S tires is not that fun though lol.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I got them mounted and drove 30 or so miles. Initial reaction is that the sidewalks are softer than tbe htrz3 and steering feel is slightly less crisp. They need broken in, still oils all over so not much to report yet.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I got them mounted and drove 30 or so miles. Initial reaction is that the sidewalks are softer than tbe htrz3 and steering feel is slightly less crisp. They need broken in, still oils all over so not much to report yet.
Great to know. I'll be interested to see how they feel in another 60-80 miles. I'm still very seriously considering them in 285/35R19 size (should help with the steering response). I do notice that the HTR ZIII's are very responsive, almost darty.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Updated pics with the new wheels (black SVE drifts) and PP chin splitter. Some idiot ran me off the road and damaged my bumper, fender, foglamp, headlamp and splash shields. Got the PP splitter and belly pan out of the deal as it was within the estimate. Just got my car back after 3 weeks of withdrawls.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. New wheels or the others painted/powder coated?
It's bittersweet. They're new wheels, exactly the same size (19x9.5 all around), but their "Flat Black" finish. They don't make the Dark Stainless anymore. The one that got damaged I will attempt to get repaired and possibly keep for a set of track wheels, or maybe sell. The new wheel color is really closer to a satin black, not matte, not glossy. I like it a lot and it's good with this paint. I think I prefer it just slightly to the Dark Stainless, but they both look great.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
It's bittersweet. They're new wheels, exactly the same size (19x9.5 all around), but their "Flat Black" finish. They don't make the Dark Stainless anymore. The one that got damaged I will attempt to get repaired and possibly keep for a set of track wheels, or maybe sell. The new wheel color is really closer to a satin black, not matte, not glossy. I like it a lot and it's good with this paint. I think I prefer it just slightly to the Dark Stainless, but they both look great.
I like the black better on your ride. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I like the black better on your ride. Sorry to hear about the accident.
Thanks! I wasn't sure before I saw it but I do too. It looks mean AF in the flesh!

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Updated pics with the new wheels (black SVE drifts) and PP chin splitter. Some idiot ran me off the road and damaged my bumper, fender, foglamp, headlamp and splash shields. Got the PP splitter and belly pan out of the deal as it was within the estimate. Just got my car back after 3 weeks of withdrawls.
The car looks great, buddy. I agree, too, that the drop is perfect!

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Sorry to hear about your accident

Just going thru your build and saw you were involved in an accident. That's unfortunate, but on the bright side the new wheels look great on your Guard.:thumbsup:

Just noticed too that you did the sound tube delete and used the chair leg rubber thingys. I just did exactly the same thing so far............ It cost me all of $2.:D I was wondering how much trouble it is to get the other end off the firewall and install the plug? Any hints would be appreciated.:)

Thanx
Derek
Sponsored