Sponsored

Bluetooth android navigation issu3

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
Hey I got a ecoboost base model PP and I need help with this damn sync. I connected my phone through bluetooth and everyyhing works from playing music to answering calls and reading texts. Only thing I cant get it to do is have the navigation from my car come from speakers. even stranger fact is when my navigation is not connected to bluetooth the voice obviously come from my phone but once I connect it to bluetooth the navigation voice stops coming from the phone too. Its strange. Can anyone help with this. I have a samsung s5
Sponsored

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Doing a search because I have this EXACT same problem w/the same phone. Being that this post is a couple of months old AND had NO RESPONSES does not give me a warm & fuzzy feeling.... will keep searching, but in the meantime bringing this back to the surface

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi guys!

To get directions to come through your speakers, you'll have to be in the Bluetooth Audio source on SYNC. If you are listening to SiriusXM or the AM/FM, you will not hear the prompts from your phone's app.

Rebecca

Shifter276

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic metal 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Hi guys!

To get directions to come through your speakers, you'll have to be in the Bluetooth Audio source on SYNC. If you are listening to SiriusXM or the AM/FM, you will not hear the prompts from your phone's app.

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca I know this is a offshoot question but since you are here I want to upgrade my stock sync radio to the touch screen 9 speaker system that comes on the premium stock model. Can the dealership install this and about how much would it cost someone in California?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hi Rebecca I know this is a offshoot question but since you are here I want to upgrade my stock sync radio to the touch screen 9 speaker system that comes on the premium stock model. Can the dealership install this and about how much would it cost someone in California?
Haven't heard of this being possible. I suppose it is, but it's not something that most (any?) dealers would be able to do for you.

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Hi guys!

Rebecca
What he said.

You have to be listen to your phone via blue tooth.

Shifter276

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic metal 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Well I read somewhere that the dealerships add upgrade packages to cars if you choose for it to happen when you first buy the car I just figured if they do it to new new cars why cant they add it to cars of the same year that are only a few weeks old.

SSLByron

Media Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leftlanenews.com
First Name
Byron
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard GT PP
Basically, you need an app that will let you change the text-to-speech engine's behavior so that it chooses the phone's built-in speakers instead of letting the Google Maps app decide for you.

I use an (Android) app called SoundAbout to change the speaker output behavior. It's free to try and $3.00 or something to activate the pro features after the trial (which you'll need). With SoundAbout, I can listen to music via my USB flash drive and have nav directions come directly from the phone all while having BT free for phone calls.

It'll let you customize behavior for other stuff too (media output, etc.).

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys!

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca!!! Thanks for the response. I will try this as soon as I can. Not sure I've seen 'Bluetooth Audio Source', but I'll find it! I did discover today that I can hear the directions (very faintly) while on a phone call.

So just need to connect the dots....

Might be off topic, but what does IVT stand for?? Interior Vehicle Team ?? Never mind... too tired ... had to read sig...

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Well I read somewhere that the dealerships add upgrade packages to cars if you choose for it to happen when you first buy the car I just figured if they do it to new new cars why cant they add it to cars of the same year that are only a few weeks old.
... Because they order it that way from the factory. The dealer places an order and it comes out the way you want off the assembly line.

Sponsored

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I've had the same problem as OP. I usually just make sure that the sound output from Google maps uses my Sync. Also does anyone else who uses Waze have a problem with the sound not coming through the speakers? It's so annoying because I like to hear when they're alerts i.e. turn right, there's a cop around and so on and so forth.

Last edited:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Haven't heard of this being possible. I suppose it is, but it's not something that most (any?) dealers would be able to do for you.
Back when SYNC first came out for the Mustangs Ford sold a SYNC module for the 09 Mustangs that could be installed in any 08 or 09 Mustang (i may be wrong) by a Ford dealer so you could have Sync.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Shifter276,

Since the hardware and software are different between the two SYNC systems (and we don't make an aftermarket kit), it's not possible to upgrade from basic SYNC to either of the touchscreen systems.

Hi Rebecca!!! Thanks for the response. I will try this as soon as I can. Not sure I've seen 'Bluetooth Audio Source', but I'll find it! I did discover today that I can hear the directions (very faintly) while on a phone call.

So just need to connect the dots....

Might be off topic, but what does IVT stand for?? Interior Vehicle Team ?? Never mind... too tired ... had to read sig...
Just to clarify, are you trying to use SYNC Services or an app on your phone? To get to Bluetooth Audio, press the VOICE button and say BLUETOOTH AUDIO. :)

Back when SYNC first came out for the Mustangs Ford sold a SYNC module for the 09 Mustangs that could be installed in any 08 or 09 Mustang (i may be wrong) by a Ford dealer so you could have Sync.
You're correct, Tamadrummer88. We did offer that when SYNC first came out.

Rebecca

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify, are you trying to use SYNC Services or an app on your phone? To get to Bluetooth Audio, press the VOICE button and say BLUETOOTH AUDIO. :)

Rebecca
Rebecca...using SYNC services.... I did the Bluetooth audio and it worked just like you said. *** NO APP NECESSARY *** THANKS!!

SSLByron

Media Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leftlanenews.com
First Name
Byron
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard GT PP
Rebecca...using SYNC services.... I did the Bluetooth audio and it worked just like you said. *** NO APP NECESSARY *** THANKS!!
To clarify, I was recommending the app so that you can get voice directions from your phone while you're listening to other sources WITHOUT disconnecting Bluetooth since some folks want to listen to iPods, USB sticks, Satellite, or AM/FM while navigating, etc.
Sponsored