Blue Screen System Off To Save Battery

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I bagged up the CTEK and went with my old tender after a ride yesterday.
20240101_123131.jpg
Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
I just logged onto Ford Pass and there was no delay along with no messages about my battery.

glene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang gt
I had a C7 Corvette that did the same thing. I stored the keys on a hook in the garage right where I went into the house, but it was still in the garage. My battery would go down to an unacceptable level quite a bit. Finally took the keys into the house and the problem stopped.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
I have a Ford Performance (I believe CTEK) tender. My car's behavior is same: it alerts me it goes to Deep Sleep after close to two weeks on the tender, a moment around the time my tender reaches Stage 8, the final stage. The car will remain that way until I do something to wake it up.

Last year I did not have problems and do not expect any this season. The current tender and car are working and playing well with one another. I've been left with the impression my car will go into Deep Sleep by 1) drain or 2) time, whichever occurs first.

My FOBs are secured in Faraday pouches when not in use. The car is locked. The tender is wired to the under hood fuse panel.
My fobs are miles away. Not worries about theft.

OP
OP
BlkMach10510

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Can you post links to what you’ve read about this screen? My 2019 has this intermittently and I’m sure the battery needs to be replaced.
More than likely it’s about time for a replacement battery. My 2019 Bullitt was built in Aug of 2018 and in Nov. of 2021 I had to replace it. Just before the replacement, I found myself having to use a jump box to start it all of the time. I read somewhere that the Keep Alive Memory contributes to the battery drain and that locking the doors and keeping the fob out of range helps with that issue. My new battery has been doing great ever, since but I do keep it hooked up to a charger whenever I’m not driving it.

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
More than likely it’s about time for a replacement battery. My 2019 Bullitt was built in Aug of 2018 and in Nov. of 2021 I had to replace it. Just before the replacement, I found myself having to use a jump box to start it all of the time. I read somewhere that the Keep Alive Memory contributes to the battery drain and that locking the doors and keeping the fob out of range helps with that issue. My new battery has been doing great ever, since but I do keep it hooked up to a charger whenever I’m not driving it.
Yea I think I’ll just have the dealer put a new one in next oil change/alignment. I drive it daily but only 20mi round trip highway. It has a dash cam hardwired so I’m not surprised by the message, especially with the winter temps on the east coast.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I have a 2023 Mustang GT, California Special. I also got the blue screen message twice since taking ownership of the car, and it is my daily driver. The first time I brought the car into the dealership, the battery passed the test. The second time I received the message, I checked the display voltage and it would go as high as 15.0 on long drives, and stay there. I had nothing plugged in aftermarket. So, I brought it back in, the battery failed the load test. They gave me a new battery, but never reset the bms. I had to go back a third time. Now, when I check the display voltage, I am either at 14.0 to 14.5.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
What tender do you use?
Carquest generic 6-12V. Three days on and no battery saver notice. Altgough it says "Lo" where if would normally say "90". Going to check it later on but the app updates in seconds whereas it did not with CTEK.

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
I have been reading about this screen and talked to my dealer while they were doing the safety recall for the brake indicator light. They want to run tests on it that they said can take from 30 min to half of a day to see if the battery is having issues. My car is a 2023 so I am hoping it is not already having battery issues. I will update the forum with the results if it is wanted.
IMG_4003 (1).jpg
Local stealership technician came to the house over Christmas break to address the low brake fluid indicator recall / BCM on wifey's '23 GT 401A and I saw this 2-3 times immediately after the work was done. I assumed it was some sort of update / nag. I'll have to see if she has seen it come back. Only 4k mi. on the clock. Have Ford Pass disallowed and fuse removed.

Last edited:

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the CTEK I bought is for earlier Mustangs? I will have to look closely.
Sponsored