Sponsored

Blown motor last night

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
But would the ford tune basically void the powertrain portion of my ford extended warranty? Paid 1100 bucks for it lol
The Ford tune comes with its own warranty if installed by the dealer. Once outside of that warranty, I doubt the extended warranty would cover an engine failure. You can get a refund for the extended warranty. I did and it took like 10mins at the dealer
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
So would you say that your tune (+60rwhp) along with upgraded blow off valve(+10rwhp) are enough to create a time bomb on these engines? Giving that most 93 octane dynos are coming in at around 275ish.
I want to tune but the thought of a 7k bill to replace the motor would basically cripple me. I need this motor go last a wee bit past 100k. My 06 v6 has 168k going strong and even though it's slow..it's been hella reliable
You would be safe in regards to those upgrades. With that said, we have see the 2.3 blow in stock form as well. So there is no guarantee to be had with that. The best thing we can recommend is good fuel (we understand that is not always under your control) and a religious maintenance cycle.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
But would the ford tune basically void the powertrain portion of my ford extended warranty? Paid 1100 bucks for it lol
The warranty still has value for all the other things not powertrain related like the AC goes out and stuff like that. If powertrain is the only thing you're worried about covering, get a refund (partial) on the extended warranty.

Jcopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 legend lime v6 coupe, 15 deep impact blue vert
I got the extended warranty not just for the powertrain but for the climate controlled seats..touchscreen etc as well. But also like the idea that my car will run at least through the warranty period. Didn't realize the Ford tune would kill the powertrain portion.
Already had the driveshaft replaced under the 5/60 warranty so the thought that would have possibly cost me 600 bucks if i had tuned frightens me lol
Sponsored