Blend door actuator - on my fifth one

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
I have a 2015 GT convertible and just had the blend door actuator on the passenger side (part #FR3Z-19E616-E) replaced for the fourth time after not being able to control the temperature on that side. Some googling suggests this part was redesigned before the 2015 model year and this a common failure now. Dealer claims they are surprised and haven't seen this happen before. They claimed to have checked the wiring for problems and found none. I have the premium care ESP, so it's currently covered, but that will expire soon and I am assuming it will just keep failing every year.

Has anyone found an aftermarket equivalent that is higher quality or some other root cause that the dealer is missing?
Sponsored

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Phase 2 Roushcharged
You need to get one of the failed ones back and inspect it. I believe that most states have laws that say you have the right to get the replaced part back if it's outside of the warranty. Sound similar to what the active exhaust crowd is experiencing. The circuit board in the exhaust actuators goes bad and it stops working. The motor themselves is not bad. This is what happens when too many things are integrated together when they don't need to be, keep it simple.