Black lug nuts

OP
OP

Redsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a few different styles including a lug lock style option as well.
Hey Need4Speed, i'm interested in the lug nuts and locks you have. I checked out your website and the lug nuts posted were $60; do these come with the socket and what makes them worth the extra $ over the Gorilla brand? I'm willing to pay a premium for quality but just want to know what exactly makes them command a premium. Also, the lug nut locks on your website only come in chrome, i'm assuming you have them in black as well?

Appreciate everybody's helpful responses. I'm surprised ford racing doesn't offer a black lug nut product.

-Adam
Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
The Gorillas on my Raptor are rusted in 1 year...

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tried out CJ Pony Parts small diameter lug nuts on my PP wheels and wasn't happy with the results. Ford didn't do such a good job painting the recesses on these wheels. When I installed the first lug nut you can see too much of the unpainted areas. A call to CJ and an explanation of the issue, they issued me an RMA (great service!) Anyone have any suggestions? Only other option I have really seen is spline drive lug nuts. Don't know they are the same diameter as stock or not. Help please!
PP Lugs.jpg

Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
These are what I bought and they work great.
Any chance you have a pic of those next to the stock lugs? I thought about picking those up as well, but I don't know if they're wide enough to cover the opening on the PP wheels. Some of the other black lug nuts are too slim for the PP wheels, and you can see the unprinted portion.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
I have the gorilla ones from CJPP and they are already showing wear...wheels taken off maybe 6 times...doesn't look like they are black all the way through either. Will be looking for a better set as i change my wheels at least once a month and that not including maintenance

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried out CJ Pony Parts small diameter lug nuts on my PP wheels and wasn't happy with the results. Ford didn't do such a good job painting the recesses on these wheels. When I installed the first lug nut you can see too much of the unpainted areas. A call to CJ and an explanation of the issue, they issued me an RMA (great service!) Anyone have any suggestions? Only other option I have really seen is spline drive lug nuts. Don't know they are the same diameter as stock or not. Help please!
Just FYI a little black brake caliper paint fixes this issue with those unpainted parts of the wheels under the factory lugs :) I had the same issue.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Or even easier a little brush and touchup black paint. It'll be dry in a few minutes and no overspray. No one will be able to see in there if it isn't perfect.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Any chance you have a pic of those next to the stock lugs? I thought about picking those up as well, but I don't know if they're wide enough to cover the opening on the PP wheels. Some of the other black lug nuts are too slim for the PP wheels, and you can see the unprinted portion.

For some reason I can't find my stock lugs, but here's a couple pics of each of the black ones sitting on a PP wheel if it helps at all.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436619143.958440.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436619165.083841.jpg

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or even easier a little brush and touchup black paint. It'll be dry in a few minutes and no overspray. No one will be able to see in there if it isn't perfect.
That's what I did while I painted my calipers...use a fine little artist brush and applied some black paint to the unpainted parts..can't even tell now :)

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for replies all. Might keep them and paint the areas that need it. Looks like all available options are too small in diameter to match the factory lug nuts.
Sponsored