Sponsored

Black fender badges

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
I searched the forum and have chatted with a vendor with no luck.

Does anyone know the difference between the Ford Performance black 5.0 badges M-1447-M50AB and the Ford black 5.0 badges, part numbers GR3Z-16228-A and GR3Z-16228-B.

Most resellers have identical descriptions, yet the Ford Performance set is about 35 bucks and the Ford part #'s are about 100.

thanks
Sponsored

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
The difference is $65 .... sorry couldn't resist.

Kerninc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I could be wrong but when I looked to buy these items the GR3Z-16228-A and GR3Z-16228-B were individual part numbers for left and right side while the M-1447-M50AB was the number for both together and/or and updated part number for both.

when i ordered M-1447-M50AB what i got was a box with both GR3Z-16228-A and GR3Z-16228-B inside individually packaged

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I searched the forum and have chatted with a vendor with no luck.

Does anyone know the difference between the Ford Performance black 5.0 badges M-1447-M50AB and the Ford black 5.0 badges, part numbers GR3Z-16228-A and GR3Z-16228-B.

Most resellers have identical descriptions, yet the Ford Performance set is about 35 bucks and the Ford part #'s are about 100.

thanks
I got caught up in overthinking black 5.0 badging. I was gonna buy from different vendors here and also looked at the OE ones. Then I searches ebay and found several types that ranged from $5-$10 a set. I took a a chance and bought 2 different sets. One was flat black metal and the s550 style. The other were black gloss plastic in the s197 style.

After receiving both, I liked the look of the black gloss plastic much more. When I removed the OE chrome, I realized they were plastic as well.

So my thought is save your money and buy the cheap eBay 5.0s. They have been holding up great for me so far. And if in a few years they fade, I have another cheap set to install. :headbonk:

$5.......:headbang:

[/url]IMG_1115 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_1116 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I had the eBay black badges on my last car for almost 2 years and they never budged, faded, or any other quality related issue and were only 20$, don't spend anything more than that for some plastic molded badges.

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I spent some extra coin on the ones with OEM Tabs on the back so they lined up straight. Couple extra steps skipped so worth it too me.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
OE ones have black adhesive vs some aftermarket ones that have grey / white / or some other color and does not look very good between the badge and the fender.

scott6809

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
I bought the OEM ones from Ford and other than alignment pins, I see no difference between OEM and Ebay knock offs. If I had to do it all over I'd go with the cheap ebay ones.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
OE ones have black adhesive vs some aftermarket ones that have grey / white / or some other color and does not look very good between the badge and the fender.
My really cheap eBay set, ones on my car now, came with black backing tape. :thumbsup:

But you do have a point, as some do

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
I ordered the Ford Performance part # for 31/set on Amazon. I will report back it they are the same Ford part numbers that list for 47 each.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Speaking of black fender badges ...

I've got a black car, no front emblem (will be adding racemesh and my coyote badge to the front at some point).

I've been wanting to reduce the shiny on the GT and 5.0 badges, I kind of like them, just looking for something different (red highlights on the car, but not a fan of the red badges) and a bit more stealthy. Has anyone done the matte/flat badges on a black car? Does the finish difference (i.e., flat on a shiny decklid or fender) make it visible-ish?

My other option is blank decklid, maybe mount my coyote badge on the rear[?] Plenty of examples of that and it looks great, just the extra effort/cost of the blank decklid, still not sure on the MY18 version, 3rd party options seem sketchy with fitment (it might be more of a PITA than it's worth ...)

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Be aware that not all the 5.0 badges you will find on ebay/Amazon are the style that come on the S550. For instance, the ones that Fordever has are the 10-14 style 5.0 badges. Most won't notice or care but know there is a difference.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Be aware that not all the 5.0 badges you will find on ebay/Amazon are the style that come on the S550. For instance, the ones that Fordever has are the 10-14 style 5.0 badges. Most won't notice or care but know there is a difference.
I like the 197 version. I think the 550 style is to “skinny”. If that makes sense. Regardless if this, you are correct, we need to realize what type we are purchasing. :thumbsup:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I ordered the Ford Performance part # for 31/set on Amazon. I will report back it they are the same Ford part numbers that list for 47 each.
Those are the ones I ordered too. I don't understand how they are so cheap compared to the other ones but they are legit ford 5.0 black appearance package emblems.

They come in a Ford box with the number on the box matching the Amazon listing. Inside the box are 2 individually bagged 5.0 emblems, left and right side with their own part numbers.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Speaking of black fender badges ...

I've got a black car, no front emblem (will be adding racemesh and my coyote badge to the front at some point).

I've been wanting to reduce the shiny on the GT and 5.0 badges, I kind of like them, just looking for something different (red highlights on the car, but not a fan of the red badges) and a bit more stealthy. Has anyone done the matte/flat badges on a black car? Does the finish difference (i.e., flat on a shiny decklid or fender) make it visible-ish?

My other option is blank decklid, maybe mount my coyote badge on the rear[?] Plenty of examples of that and it looks great, just the extra effort/cost of the blank decklid, still not sure on the MY18 version, 3rd party options seem sketchy with fitment (it might be more of a PITA than it's worth ...)
It always seems like I am the only one that likes the shiny chrome badges including the GT one on the trunk lid. I've been thinking of going black badges but something keeps holding me back.
Sponsored