Sponsored

Black 2015 Mustang GT at the Detroit Auto Show

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Bad Ass!!!!!! Looks amazing!!! Thanks for adding the tint, that really does the job!

Still torn between Deep Impact Blue or Black, black just got another point with the tint.

crazyfastfreddy

tint makes a huge differance in almost any car but esp black. i might have to go with black since it fixes the painted rear diffuser for me.

Sponsored

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
I'm thinking the Black one at the Detroit show is a base model GT, whereas the Race Red and Triple Yellow at the show are the Performance/Track Pack or maybe the Premium GT (if they are still doing Base and Premium models for the GT).

The front splitter on the Black one is less aggressive than the Red and Yellow splitter. I had to paste them all together to get a good side by side comparison, so I figured I'd share it with the site.

From the front and side views that looks to be the only difference, body wise at least.

(Couldn't find a head on shot of the yellow one so sorry for the angled shot)

ford-mustang-bullitt-8-1.jpg
3stangs.jpg

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
the seats in the black car look to be leather so i dont think it base model. I think it has the upgrade 19s but still with A/S tires. I dont think we have seen a car with the base GT 18s

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
the seats in the black car look to be leather so i dont think it base model. I think it has the upgrade 19s but still with A/S tires. I dont think we have seen a car with the base GT 18s
Good point, so maybe it's just that the Red and Yellow have the Performance/Track Pack? And the Black one is just a GT with no PP/TP

Can't wait until we get some more model details.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Good point, so maybe it's just that the Red and Yellow have the Performance/Track Pack? And the Black one is just a GT with no PP/TP

Can't wait until we get some more model details.
yes, the red and yellow cars you pictured both have the staggered 19s which come with the track pack

Diver Down

Threads
Reaction score
Black looks great with the gloss black wheels. There is a picture of it on this forum somewhere and I saved it to my iPad but I can't seem to upload it here. Maybe someone can post it here. This is my first post here and I'm one of those people who was not a previous mustang owner but because of the style changes and incorporating more of a sports car exterior while improving the interior, I have become a potential buyer. Ford has increased their potential market with these improvements. If you look at the sports cars available for $40k and under I think the 2015 is the best choice for the dollar. They should really continue to improve the interior and get away from the hard plastic. That's probably a reflection of my age though. I'm 43 and prefer some nicer materials. A 25 year-old likely doesn't care as long as the Coyote V8 is under the hood.

Sponsored

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Race Red
Black looks great with the gloss black wheels. There is a picture of it on this forum somewhere and I saved it to my iPad but I can't seem to upload it here. Maybe someone can post it here.
I would love to see the black on black. If you find it, post the link!

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
This is the one I remember seeing, tho its not one of the ones at an auto show. I think it was a photoshopped one.

5645g.jpg
blkkk2.jpg

Diver Down

Threads
Reaction score
Black Mustang with Gloss Black Wheels

I would love to see the black on black. If you find it, post the link!
I had to use my laptop and not my iPad to be able to upload the image. It's fantastic! Just add legal limit tinting to the windows and you're in the best looking Mustang on the road!

Here you go:

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Race Red
I'd like to see an actual pic from the show with the Photoshop black rims and tint. Anybody? Man I love this car!

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
I'd like to see an actual pic from the show with the Photoshop black rims and tint. Anybody? Man I love this car!
I second this ^^, Yes Please!
Sponsored