Sponsored

Beware distracted drivers :(

Maaaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Gather round my Mustang-loving brethren and hear my tale of woe.

On Wednesday I had been out to my Mum's place in the arvo for a coffee and seeing as it was a gorgeous sunny day I decided to drive home along the coast rather go directly. I had just had my 3,000km checkup done that morning and the car was clean and gleaming in the sunshine, life was good. Anyway, I drove along from Semaphore down to Glenelg which is where it all went wrong. As I was driving down Jetty road a lady in a Tarago turned right from Moseley Street straight into me. I moved as far left as I could to minimise the impact but as there were parked cars there I had nowhere to go.

On the bright side, the damage is mostly contained to the drivers door and was low speed so no structural damage. It's booked in to get a new door fitted next week but I'm worried that it won't match perfectly as I had paint and interior protection applied when I bought it. The repairer assured me it would all be done as it was but I'll believe it when I see it.

The lady was in a company car, she's a mental health nurse and had a patient in the car at the time who was having a bit of a turn, so I think distraction was a key issue. She was very apologetic and almost more upset than me about hitting such a nice car.

I'm trying my best to keep my head up and hopefully I get my car back as good as new and I can put the whole sad episode behind me :(
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.52.55 pm.png
IMG_4662.JPG
IMG_4663.JPG
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Company car will have insurance and the repairer can charge extra for the paint protection so there should be no issue with them doing that work, as they know they will be paid for it.

Sucks that it happened, but no one is injured, they have insurance and its on an easy to replace panel really, so in terms of accidents you came out not so bad in the situation.

Never leave your lane to avoid one person to hit another as well. Lets say you hit a parked car and the tarago never hit you, you're at fault in that accident even though it was caused by the tarago.

If you can just change lanes and avoid any accident sure, but swerving is often the worse choice.

ouabain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT
Yikes. That sux - but glad you weren't hurt.

cap192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
green 66 coupe, ruby red 2016 gt
Company car will have insurance and the repairer can charge extra for the paint protection so there should be no issue with them doing that work, as they know they will be paid for it.

Sucks that it happened, but no one is injured, they have insurance and its on an easy to replace panel really, so in terms of accidents you came out not so bad in the situation.

Never leave your lane to avoid one person to hit another as well. Lets say you hit a parked car and the tarago never hit you, you're at fault in that accident even though it was caused by the tarago.

If you can just change lanes and avoid any accident sure, but swerving is often the worse choice.
this exact thing happened to me sitting in left lane in 80k zone when p plater pulled out in front of me from the left side street. quick mirror check then changed lane only to find a car was in my blind spot. I had to pay for repairs while p plater happily drove away without a mark. driver I hit understood what happened but still my fault as far as insurance goes
Sponsored