Sponsored

Best rear tires for blower setup and stock PP rims

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
What are the best rear tires to run with a blower setup on stock rims (PP GT). Car will be making around 650-675RWHP.

Looking to find something that will hook on the street decently and fit my stock PP GT rims. I don't hit the track that often, mostly street driving.

I am on my 3rd set of the stock pzeros right now on my NA setup and need to upgrade before my blower install this month.
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Michelin Pilot Super Sports (MPSS) are great.

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just stated in another thread, I had Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/40ZR19 tires on my Roushcharged 2015 GT PP, grip was outstanding and rarely broke loose unless the road conditions or surface was crap. Granted, I didn't disable TC, as with that much power, I always soft launched into a roll before hammering, especially on the street.

Currently I'm running the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's (newer version of the MPSS), and they work even better than the MPSS.

The Pirelli's sucked, they handle well but simply wear out too quickly. I'm happy that Ford is moving to the Michelin PS4S's for the stock tire on the Performance Package cars in 2018.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Awesome info guys...what size MPSS or NTo5r are you running?
Sponsored