Sponsored

Best quick detail spray for a black s550?

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
That Adams smell
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I have a love hate relationship with my black car. I can't even breathe on the car without scratching it
I cant tell you how many times I've cringed when I seen people touching my car. I think the car just looks so good in black they feel the need to try to wipe off the dead bug, piece of hair, speck of dust and so on. I'm still trying to find a nice way to say "DON'T TOUCH THE F---ING CAR". But most people don't realize how easily these cars scratch.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to get off topic on my previous reply.

I use chemical guys speed wipe. Seems to work good and I like the smell. I use it on the wheels every other day or so. As far as the paint on the car I use that for touch ups in between touch less washes.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Adams detail spray

Can get a gallon and a 16 oz for $32 this weekend
Hey I'm not seeing this deal on Adam's website. I see the labor15 code but not seeing the gallon and 16oz detail spray together for that price.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Am I the only one that's not really impressed by the Chemical Guys V07, used half the bottle yesterday and even after buffing off with their happy ending towel the car feels smooth yet in the light you see it's greasy. After last nights rain I could start over already!

I used it along with the V07 Soap. My problem with this car is trying to dry it as fast as possible to avoid water marks. The VO7 doesn't seem to be able to clean those up unless you start to use some pressure on the towel.

Still looking for better solutions, after 5 weeks and 3 washes I haven't been able to get this car clean as I would like to.

96blowncobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Am I the only one that's not really impressed by the Chemical Guys V07, used half the bottle yesterday and even after buffing off with their happy ending towel the car feels smooth yet in the light you see it's greasy. After last nights rain I could start over already!

I used it along with the V07 Soap. My problem with this car is trying to dry it as fast as possible to avoid water marks. The VO7 doesn't seem to be able to clean those up unless you start to use some pressure on the towel.

Still looking for better solutions, after 5 weeks and 3 washes I haven't been able to get this car clean as I would like to.
Go to Lowe's and pick up a powerful electric leaf blower and boom water spot problem solved!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

why on earth did you use half a bottle? it takes VERY little. you used way to much no wonder you couldn't get it off. If you got water spots then you aren't keep the car wet while washing or aren't effectively drying it. Of course not being in the sun helps. also don't put v07 on in the sun either.

v07 is amazing. I still got 1/8 bottle left probably after 6 or 7 washes on the 16oz bottle, and I use it after every wash and for touch ups between washes. got the gallon now, but you cannot use a lot and shouldn't. just fold the microfiber and 4 squares and constantly wipe with wet side and dry with the dry side and constantly fold it in and out. if you got any product still on the car you used too much. Always go back over it with a completely dry microfiber too to much sure you didn't miss.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
btw that v07... did whole car today used exactly 1/8 of the bottle till it was empty and filled it back up and finished with about 2 sprays.

love this stuff. it really has prolonged the chemical guys xxx carnauba paste wax by using v07 after every wash.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
why on earth did you use half a bottle? it takes VERY little. you used way to much no wonder you couldn't get it off. If you got water spots then you aren't keep the car wet while washing or aren't effectively drying it. Of course not being in the sun helps. also don't put v07 on in the sun either.

v07 is amazing. I still got 1/8 bottle left probably after 6 or 7 washes on the 16oz bottle, and I use it after every wash and for touch ups between washes. got the gallon now, but you cannot use a lot and shouldn't. just fold the microfiber and 4 squares and constantly wipe with wet side and dry with the dry side and constantly fold it in and out. if you got any product still on the car you used too much. Always go back over it with a completely dry microfiber too to much sure you didn't miss.
Thanks for the tips, I'm still learning as Ive never been a car-washer on my previous cars. Like you said I probably use to much VO7, but used it with 2 happy ending microfiber towels.

Just wondering, in your last post you mentioned the xxx carnauba wax, would the butter wax do the same or not as it's a bit easier to apply? And did you use the VO7 foam to wash as well?

Your car looks awesome btw!

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
btw that v07... did whole car today used exactly 1/8 of the bottle till it was empty and filled it back up and finished with about 2 sprays.

love this stuff. it really has prolonged the chemical guys xxx carnauba paste wax by using v07 after every wash.

Damn that looks good man! I need a garage big time! I'm thinking of buying the black car care kit from CG, just not sure that I want to spend all that money with everything else I've bought in the last 2 weeks. I got a good coating of Zymol Cleaner wax on my car this past Friday and it looks good, but I would still like a bit of a deeper shine.

Anyone ever used this? http://chadwickstripleplay.com/what-is-chadwicks-triple-play

Blindside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 F-250 Platinum
Another vote for Adam's. And Adam's Detail Spray does have a bit of wax in it. Their H2O Guard and Gloss is awesome as well.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Damn that looks good man! I need a garage big time! I'm thinking of buying the black car care kit from CG, just not sure that I want to spend all that money with everything else I've bought in the last 2 weeks. I got a good coating of Zymol Cleaner wax on my car this past Friday and it looks good, but I would still like a bit of a deeper shine.

Anyone ever used this? http://chadwickstripleplay.com/what-is-chadwicks-triple-play
my car does have the blacklight on it that comes in that black care care kit. i would tell you to not buy the kit and get the gallon of v07 and black light by itself and get an applicator pad. you'll end up with more product and probably cheaper. even if you buy that butter wax that comes in that kit separately too. having the gallon of v07 is worth it. although I did get about 7 washes out of the 16oz bottle of v07 using it after every wash.
Sponsored