Best CAI without tune

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Everybody is gonna hate me for this but I'm not looking to void my warranty and I don't have a dealer I know well enough to overlook the tuning.

Im looking for CAI mostly to enhance the sound and to replace that ugly airbox, maybe gaining 5 hp in the process would be nice. So far all I see thats available is the Airaid CAI and the the Steeda if installed with the restrictor. Are there any others out there and which one of those two is best? Thanks!
Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Everybody is gonna hate me for this but I'm not looking to void my warranty and I don't have a dealer I know well enough to overlook the tuning.

Im looking for CAI mostly to enhance the sound and to replace that ugly airbox, maybe gaining 5 hp in the process would be nice. So far all I see thats available is the Airaid CAI and the the Steeda if installed with the restrictor. Are there any others out there and which one of those two is best? Thanks!
Our CAI with the restrictor in place will give you 10+ hp over stock :)

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Stock if you're not going to tune.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Love my Airaid

Sponsored

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I have a Cai from Livednois, it's pretty much the same design as airaids. I like the fact it's a dry filter, is still enclosed (under the hood portion) and it looks good. Mine came with a thicker sound tube, or a kit that deletes it. I haven't tuned mine and idk if I'd really say I noticed an increase in power but my mpgs have gone up a little bit. A reuseable filter and slightly better gas mileage make it worth it.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Stock if you're not going to tune.

+1

If you actually believe a tune voids your warranty(it doesn't), then you should just keep the car completely stock. Throwing parts at it here and there will not make for a better car ownership experience.

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hell man do what you think is best. I'm leaving my car alone (tune wise) cause I don't want to risk voiding my power train warranty. Does that mean you can't make little improvements now and then? Absolutely not. Just keep it tasteful and have a general idea of where you want to go with the car when you do start modding it. Example, I wouldnt buy a CAI of you plan on supercharging it as most won't work with a Airaid style CAI.
And it's true a tune doesn't void your whole warranty, but the risk of getting an issue on a first year model car is a reality. A tune won't keep a window regulator or failed head unit from getting repaired, but it may if you blow a hole in a piston, whether it's from driving like an idiot or a manufacturers defect. Just food for thought.

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0

Hey Alex,

For a great looking, easy installing, and non-tune required intake, you can't go wrong with the Airaid!

They are my absolutely favorite and I would highly recommend them.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
Had my Steeda CAI installed now for about a month and I love it. I think it also gives a deeper tone to the motor but that just may be me.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
+1

If you actually believe a tune voids your warranty(it doesn't), then you should just keep the car completely stock. Throwing parts at it here and there will not make for a better car ownership experience.
Yeah but if for some weird reason your motor pops and the dealer finds out you had a tune, good luck proving that it wasn't the tune.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Yeah but if for some weird reason your motor pops and the dealer finds out you had a tune, good luck proving that it wasn't the tune.

Of the thousands of issues that can happen with a modern car, blowing up the engine with only a tune is the last thing on my mind. I'd rather enjoy my car than be paranoid of the what if's. It seems like people think the warranty is only there for catastrophic failures.

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^exactly. If you had a convenient "scapegoat" to pin a blown engine on, as a company looking to make money selling a product they engineered to certain specs and standards, wouldn't you use it? I guarantee you you would. You'd be wrong sometimes, but in their eyes the kind of people that install aftermarket go fast goodies on their cars (myself included, to a point) are the ones more likely to abuse their car. If I was a service manager and I had a blown 5.0 mustang come in with 7500 miles and exhaust, a short shifter, a CAI, and whatever else, you can bet your ass the first place is look is the ECU flashes. That's the report Ford would get.

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of the thousands of issues that can happen with a modern car, blowing up the engine with only a tune is the last thing on my mind. I'd rather enjoy my car than be paranoid of the what if's. It seems like people think the warranty is only there for catastrophic failures.
So that being said would you buy a brand new 40,000 dollar car that the factory put no power train warranty on? Power windows, Ac, other little stuff like that'll be warrantied but nothing power train wise. Can you honestly say you'd buy it?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'm not saying that I'm not going to tune it or enjoy it, but I doubt the warranty would cover a blown motor if they see you had a tune.
Sponsored