Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Advanced auto parts for the 2 fingered bearing puller. Just pay full price deposit and return for refund.
Took mine out on Sunday/Monday whilst replacing the complete clutch. Up on stands in my garage - whole process about 6 hours out and in.
It did come out in 2 stages with the inner race then outer separating, not a problem though.

New Exedy Flywheel, Mach 500, slave and throw out bearing, pilot bearing, Steeda clutch line and home made reservoir feed hose to Master cylinder. Took the car to Ford this morning for Crank relearn.. free of charge. ��

Now it’s time for 500+ miles of gentle driving....
Please report back on how you're liking this clutch. It's most likely the exact route I'm going with my Whippled car. I've heard nothing but great things about this clutch and its very attractive pricewise.

Guys that have done this in the garage, can the shifter assembly stay attached to the trans when pulling it out, or will the shifter cause it to hang up? I've got an MGW...

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Please report back on how you're liking this clutch. It's most likely the exact route I'm going with my Whippled car. I've heard nothing but great things about this clutch and its very attractive pricewise.

Guys that have done this in the garage, can the shifter assembly stay attached to the trans when pulling it out, or will the shifter cause it to hang up? I've got an MGW...
OEM Shifter assembly stayed on the whole time.. The rear of the transmission drops far enough to clear the opening into the cabin.

Only have 150 miles on so far. No issues at all.

1. There is a slight grumble noise from the clutch at very low revs in a high gear - (1-1.5K in 5th @ 35mph) But I'm sure I would grumble too pulling that much weight.

2. No increase in NVH during normal driving that I have noticed, town or highway speeds.

3. At standstill in my garage, there is a faint rubbing sound with the clutch disengaged - This goes when the pedal is pressed. (normal for a new clutch as high points may still be present)

4. During driving - With the pedal pressed fully down during shifts, I can feel some buzzing/vibration through my foot. Probably due to the lightened flywheel.

HTH.

Last edited:

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
OEM Shifter assembly stayed on the whole time.. The rear of the transmission drops far enough to clear the opening into the cabin.

Only have 150 miles on so far. No issues at all.

1. There is a slight grumble noise from the clutch at very low revs in a high gear - (1-1.5K in 5th @ 35mph) But I'm sure I would grumble too pulling that much weight.

2. No increase in NVH during normal driving that I have noticed, town or highway speeds.

3. At standstill in my garage, there is a faint rubbing sound with the clutch disengaged - This goes when the pedal is pressed. (normal for a new clutch as high points may still be present)

4. During driving - With the pedal pressed fully down during shifts, I can feel some buzzing/vibration through my foot. Probably due to the lightened flywheel.

HTH.
How's the pedal effort and driveability? Close to stock?

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Pedal feel is Heavier so far - especially when cold. I would not say it is troublesome though. I do not have any issues with pull away or judder.

I was expecting this anyway due to the braided Clutch line from Master to Slave, regardless of the Clutch install. I am running the car below 3k rpm at the moment, but it does feel as though it has more Bite..!

Time will tell.

Sponsored

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
So dealer is going to fix my oil leak. Still diagnosing if its rear main seal. But i think it is. The leak is right between the transmission and motor. So I asked the guy if they can install a new clutch for me if they’re going to go ahead and do the seal. He said yes as long as you change out the flywheel and parts that need to go with it. But there’s also going to charge about 170 in additional labor which is cool with me. So my question is what clutch do you guys recommend I was thinking the McLeod Twin Disc. And steel flywheel. Also who has the best deal?
Road course = Exedy Hyper Single clutch. It will also work on the drag strip, as it will hold 735 ft/lb of torque.

Twin disk = drag strip only. My RST is off to McLeod for rebuild after just 13000 miles and 9 trips to the road course.

Frenetic74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/performance pack
So dealer is going to fix my oil leak. Still diagnosing if its rear main seal. But i think it is. The leak is right between the transmission and motor. So I asked the guy if they can install a new clutch for me if they’re going to go ahead and do the seal. He said yes as long as you change out the flywheel and parts that need to go with it. But there’s also going to charge about 170 in additional labor which is cool with me. So my question is what clutch do you guys recommend I was thinking the McLeod Twin Disc. And steel flywheel. Also who has the best deal?
I went with a Centerforce DYAD DS twin disk. It was either that or the RAM street pro but the Centerforce was less expensive and I liked the characteristics, very strong 1300lb clamping force, as quiet as stock, no chatter with less peddle effort, smooth predictable engagement. Tech who installed it said it was extremely impressed by it. Really nice unit.

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I remember this thread haha. its been awhile.. ended up with mcloud rst. so far its been a solid clutch.. already broke one axle and Steeda differential bushing kit with it in there...

mtabers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am about to pull my trans and do this swap in the next week or two. How many miles do you have on the RST? I am not FI yet but will be in the near future. I was looking at Exedy Mach 600 or even the Lethal Performance Street Warrior Kit that was just released. I have seen some others on his forum have bad luck with the RST and/or don’t like the pedal feel and drive ability for a DD.

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I am about to pull my trans and do this swap in the next week or two. How many miles do you have on the RST? I am not FI yet but will be in the near future. I was looking at Exedy Mach 600 or even the Lethal Performance Street Warrior Kit that was just released. I have seen some others on his forum have bad luck with the RST and/or don’t like the pedal feel and drive ability for a DD.
Just break it in properly and go with stock slave. I had mcloud slave fail on me. Also upgrade clutch line along with bg or amsoil tranny fluid. I have maybe 5 k miles on clutch. No issues to report.
Sponsored