Best AS tires

Ichabod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I'm sure this thread has been brought up a dozen times, I just haven't found the link. Any info on best AS rear tires. I've got a 15 PP. Southern USA, so snow isn't really an issue. Some cold days in winter and occasional ice storms. Not too much hard driving so issues with hooking up from launch isn't a huge concern. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've been happy with Conti DWS and Cooper RS3-A. Toyo Proxes are good, I've heard, but seem hard to find.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Im in Northern VA, I am just getting some blizzaks for the winter

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Conti DWS 06 and love them.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
And if they're available in your size and you're on a budget, Mastercraft MC440. I shyte you not I have been impressed with those, too.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Looking for AS tires too. I ran Cooper RS3-A's on my '12 SHO, but that had AWD so a little different situation. They gripped great in snow/wet and good enough in dry. Whats the opinion of the Pilot Super Sport A/S+'s?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
^ If you can afford them, they're good tires. Rather have the Conti's.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Whats the opinion of the Pilot Super Sport A/S+'s?
I have run my 225/40/18 on my Mazdaspeed3 for 2 years/15k miles. They are loud and tread wear is down to 5/32 all around even. So that sucks.

Winter traction was fine , light snow, never drove in anything deep or ice .

I have heard there was a bad batch , I may of gotten those. If given the choice again I would go with something else.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Looking for AS tires too. I ran Cooper RS3-A's on my '12 SHO, but that had AWD so a little different situation. They gripped great in snow/wet and good enough in dry. Whats the opinion of the Pilot Super Sport A/S+'s?
Assuming you're talking about the new 3+. If so, they were very good according to the review on Tire Rack. They compare them with the Conti DWS 06 and the new Pirelli P-Zeros. Good review but they are new and haven't had a chance to test the improvement in light snow. Previously they weren't near as good as the Contis. They are also much more expensive. Depending on what you want out of your driving experience though, they may be better.

Sponsored

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have been looking into the bfg comp2 a/s because I want a 305 still, but they have been on back order for months fml

Skacs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm currently running the pilot sport A/S 3+ in a 255 and 285 staggered set up. They are fantastic in the rain and even had a chance to drive through about 4cm of snow earlier in the year, they handled like champs! Great tire however they don't have sizes wider than a 285 which is the only drawback.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Really like my BFG g-Force COMP-2 A/S's (285/35R19). Impressive dry grip for A/S's if l do say so myself, very happy l went with them.
Sponsored