Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brayden
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium a10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

just took my car to a local automotive shop to have a set of new tires put on as well as an alignment and and oil change. I realize now that I definitely didn’t need an alignment but just wanted to be sure that everything was in spec so that the tires would wear evenly. When I got home later today I was looking over the invoice and the alignment specs and realized that there was a note saying the right front wheel is bent, with no further description. In fact, no one at the shop had told me about the wheel being bent at all even when I went to pick my car up. The car drove amazingly smooth on the way home with absolutely zero vibrations even at highway speed. I avoid potholes like the plague so I am wondering how the wheel could have bent? There is no physical indication of the wheel being bent and you certainly can’t tell when driving. Would you guys just leave it alone and drive as is? Take it to a local wheel repair shop? Or buy a brand new one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (The wheels are AmericanRacing AR924’s with 20x9 up front and 20x10.5 in the back)
EB8BB356-4A2C-474B-A696-AD58CCB0BF8A.jpeg
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I'd think your first step would be to go back to the shop that installed the wheels and aligned it and ask if it's something to be concerned about or merely a passing observation.
If they didn't mention it maybe it wasn't worth mentioning.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
If you can swing it get another wheel. Have the bent one repaired and use as a spare. The shop manager should have brought this to your attention. It is a safety issue and they dropped the ball.

any wheel shop can repair or reccomend a replacement if needed.

OP
OP
bknight21

bknight21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brayden
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium a10
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I left the shop owner a message just asking where the wheel was bent and how badly but the shop doesn’t open back up until Monday. I’ll wait and see what they say and decide if I want to replace/repair the wheel. Thanks for the advice guys

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
On my previous car I has a cracked wheel and it was fixed for 125. A dent is less work which in your case could just be the rim that’s why you don’t feel it
Sponsored