Sponsored

Before I order?

jdpatt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt convertible Triple yellow 50th Anniversary
I'm looking to order a Gt convertible in the next month or 2. I'm just starting to look for a dealer that will give me a X-plan deal or a price around invoice.
Is there anything else I should ask before ordering?
Do I need to get financing first?
I may trade in my 98Gt. I know id do better if I sold it myself but I'm not home much.
Any friendly advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Look for a dealer that will verify they have an allocation for your order available now and that they will place your order with a priority 10 with no delay. If they hold on to your order or place it with an 11 or above priority, later orders at that dealership can bump your place in line.

You don't need financing to place the order. If you have a trade be aware that its value may decrease while waiting for the new one to arrive and definitely will if you continue to drive it while waiting.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Also be aware that you're not going to get much in trade for a 98 GT. Maybe a couple of thousand.

Before you order, search around your area and find which Ford dealership sells the most Mustangs. I learned that lesson the hard way -- go to a small dealership that focuses on some other vehicle (in my case, 90% of their business was Escapes), and they won't have any Mustang allocations and you'll never actually get your car.

OP
OP

jdpatt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 98gt I have is a second owner car that has 52,000 miles and is a spring edition. So it's spotless. It doesn't come out in winter or bad weather. We put about 1500 miles on it a year. I may try to sell it before the new one comes in.
Looks like I may buy from a friend I've known since 7th grade( many many years) he's told me today he will sell it to me using X-plan. I do trust him but I will get it all in writing before I order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Desert 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
When you say "wait for the financing", is this common? I've never ordered a vehicle before, last time I purchase I pre-qualified through my credit union before I went in so I'm not familiar with the process. Wouldn't the dealer want to be sure that you can pay for the car you just ordered?

Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
When you say "wait for the financing", is this common? I've never ordered a vehicle before, last time I purchase I pre-qualified through my credit union before I went in so I'm not familiar with the process. Wouldn't the dealer want to be sure that you can pay for the car you just ordered?
Well a car order can take anywhere between 4-12 weeks depending on a ton of factors. Usually the deposit assures the dealer you can pay for the car but for the most part they aren't really worried. If you can't pay, they will easily be able to sell it off the lot depending in the features, etc. As someone already pointed out, some banks and credit unions offers only stick around for a limited time (average of 45 days in my experience). You would hate to have to get approved a 2nd time, possibly at a higher rate, because the first offer ran out. A lot can happen when ordering a car.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I have mixed feelings about making a deposit. I'm fortunate enough to have an established relationship with my dealer and he doesn't require one so not an issue for me. If it were, I think if I were to put money down there would need to be a firm delivery date specified in writing. That way I've got an "out" if the car doesn't arrive for whatever reason in the expected time period. There are plenty of folks on this site that ordered a long time ago and are still awaiting their cars.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have mixed feelings about making a deposit. I'm fortunate enough to have an established relationship with my dealer and he doesn't require one so not an issue for me. If it were, I think if I were to put money down there would need to be a firm delivery date specified in writing. That way I've got an "out" if the car doesn't arrive for whatever reason in the expected time period. There are plenty of folks on this site that ordered a long time ago and are still awaiting their cars.
My dealer and I have also established a relationship so no deposit was necessary but if they were to require one I would make sure I got it in writing that they would need to deliver my car within X amount of time or I could get my deposit back and not purchase. For the most part the deposit just shows that you are serious about the purchase; I have only heard of a few circumstances where someone had to fight to get their deposit back from a dealer.

OP
OP

jdpatt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a update. We ordered our car Friday. We didn't have to put any money down. My friend said they changed a order to ours that they already had. He will send me the info when he gets it. Blend date and vin. We are not in a hurry to get it cause it will be in the garage till spring anyway. We got about 5" of snow today and it's still snowing
Sponsored