Sponsored

Baseline Dyno 2016 Mustang GT PP (340 miles)

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I figured it was time to do a few runs on a buddy of mines Dynojet Dyno.

I am happy with the results put down some good numbers.

Sponsored

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Stick or Auto?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Looks pretty healthy.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
What fuel were you running? Nice car BTW. I would go back after you have around 3k miles on it.

OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What fuel were you running? Nice car BTW. I would go back after you have around 3k miles on it.
I had just filled it up with 93 Octane from BP. I ran the fuel the dealer put in down as low as I could I'm not sure what they put in it but my guess would be 87 or 89...

I'm sure once the motor loosens up some it will pick up a little more power...

I just got my Gibson cat-back in so planning on putting it on the car and running it again on the same dyno to see what happens... not expecting much but LMR claims 16 rwhp from this exhaust... I will be happy with anything over 0 lol... I also got my Air Raid CAI so I will put that on and run it again also not really expecting anything from it since I am not tuning the car just yet...

The last test I will be doing sometime next week will be putting on lighter wheels (Advanti DST HY Hybris) and seeing how my RWHP the ligher wheels free up... Of all the things I am doing I have a feeling the wheels will make the biggest rwhp impact... all these tests will be done on the stock tune mostly doing this just for the fun of it...

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Cool, look forward to seeing what it does. Of course, it will probably pick up a few with miles too, so that might be tough figuring out what did what. Either way, it will sound better and you should be able to tell from SOTP.

Sponsored
OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Cool, look forward to seeing what it does. Of course, it will probably pick up a few with miles too, so that might be tough figuring out what did what. Either way, it will sound better and you should be able to tell from SOTP.
I should have the cat-back and CAI tested today the car might have 400 miles on it when I do these tests... right now I am sitting at 380 miles on the clock... so I doubt 60 miles will pick up much if any power. I did the baseline at 340 miles.

It is nice having a good friend with a shop that has a car lift and dyno :headbang:

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
OH, definitely not if you're putting that stuff on right away. Should be an accurate rep of gains. Wow, a friend with both....jealous!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of drive train loss are these cars seeing? 10-15-20%?

OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What kind of drive train loss are these cars seeing? 10-15-20%?

It is really hard to say but my best guess has been in the 12 - 13 % range for the manual cars.

The autos seem to be in the 16 - 17% range.

That is if the 435 HP rating by Ford is correct which I have no reason to believe it isn't or at least isn't close...

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
For what it's worth, my 2016 PP dynoed at 403 with about 1,000 miles on it and 93 octane as well. Only mod at the time was a Steeda axleback. Highly doubt that had an impact on the numbers. Mine was also on a Dyno jet. Probably around 60° that day if I remember right. Link to Dyno video in my sig if interested.
Sponsored