Sponsored

Base GT500 Wheels on GT?

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Can the a set of base GT500 wheels with the OEM tires fit on a regular GT? Is a spacer needed in the front?

It looks like the fronts are 20x11 +32mm with 305/30R20.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It will be very close, you might need a small 5-6mm spacer. A good fitting wheel up front is +26 offset.

Although they will stick out past your fenders, so you really need quite a bit of camber to tuck them in.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Can the a set of base GT500 wheels with the OEM tires fit on a regular GT? Is a spacer needed in the front?

It looks like the fronts are 20x11 +32mm with 305/30R20.
Hello There, I'm Kj from Need4speed Motorsports. I just wanted to touch this subject about the fitment between the wheels of a base GT500 on a regular GT(Ecoboost included, the bore diameter is the same for these two vehicles).

Based on the information out there, the bore and bolt patterns are the same(5x114.3 and 70.5 mm). Although I have seen a bore for the GT listed at (70mm) as well. I am pretty sure that there are some ways to really find out the exact specs. One difference that must be accounted for is the offset range. I'm finding that for the GT500, it is (30-34) and the GT being (35-55). If there is ever any question on fitment, here is something that may be of use to you. It is Wheel-Size.com
We deliver the most complete and accurate global vehicle fitment database available.

This is what they say, so trust in them....
Take care and I hope this helps....

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hello There, I'm Kj from Need4speed Motorsports. I just wanted to touch this subject about the fitment between the wheels of a base GT500 on a regular GT(Ecoboost included, the bore diameter is the same for these two vehicles).

Based on the information out there, the bore and bolt patterns are the same(5x114.3 and 70.5 mm). Although I have seen a bore for the GT listed at (70mm) as well. I am pretty sure that there are some ways to really find out the exact specs. One difference that must be accounted for is the offset range. I'm finding that for the GT500, it is (30-34) and the GT being (35-55). If there is ever any question on fitment, here is something that may be of use to you. It is Wheel-Size.com
We deliver the most complete and accurate global vehicle fitment database available.

This is what they say, so trust in them....
Take care and I hope this helps....
I installed the oem gt500 fenders n my car, so would the tires fit on my car or would any other items such as spacers be required?
Sponsored