OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Not going to track my car, wanted the Sportlines for the drop only. Plus i love how the Sportlines handle
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just confirmed that, if you want, you can use two of the driver's side rear springs and the front springs from the GT350. The top spring seat for the rears is different shape, so you'll want that too. I priced it all out to be around $260 for the springs and seats.

The biggest advantage to these for someone like me is you get rates that are in line with or above a lot of what's available for handling, but with very little drop (3/8"-1/2"). I also had it confirmed that the rear roll center migration is significant when you drop the rear in the 1" range or more, and your roll axis gets a lot flatter and makes the car feel more lazy/understeer tending. The car stock or with very small drop has a raked roll axis. You can mostly counter that with tire, spring or rear bar, but it'll essentially be fighting the roll center drop.

Now I see a reason why BMR kept their rear drops at 1/2" and no more ;), [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
Does anyone know if GT350R springs would also fit a GT?

Also how do the swaybar diameters on GT350s/GT350Rs compare with a GT PP?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
OP offers some good reasons to get your suspension setup from a single vendor so the pieces work together. These are multi-dimensional engineering problems, and throwing random parts at the car doesn't always lead to an optimal solution.

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
OP offers some good reasons to get your suspension setup from a single vendor so the pieces work together. These are multi-dimensional engineering problems, and throwing random parts at the car doesn't always lead to an optimal solution.
This is pretty much the reason for my questions. Ford invested a lot of time and money developing the GT350 and GT350R. The spring rates, ride heights, and swaybar stiffnesses were undoubtably selected after many different combinations we tried. With a set of well matched struts and shocks GT350 or GT350R springs and swaybars could be the basis for a really good handing GT.

I'm sure some aftermarket tuners invest a lot of time in optimizing their setups. In particular, I would expect that the tuners that specialize in one model of car tend to spend more time tuning than those that supply parts to many different brands and models.

My brother did some consulting work for a aftermarket spring supplier that supplies to all brands of cars. That supplier pretty much just designed their springs to be 1 inch lower and 10% stiffer than stock. Other than that they basically just test fit the parts to ensure that there were no fitment issues and that the wheel alignment wasn't thrown too far off. Very little work was done evaluating the handle of the car at its limits.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Now I see a reason why BMR kept their rear drops at 1/2" and no more ;), @BMR Tech
Oh... I thought we were suppose to make progressive springs for ride comfort that drop the rear an inch or more for that cool stance. :p

I am working on a new set of springs to pair with GT350 Front and PP Rear Monos. You could say, I am on a mission.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh... I thought we were suppose to make progressive springs for ride comfort that drop the rear an inch or more for that cool stance. :p

I am working on a new set of springs to pair with GT350 Front and PP Rear Monos. You could say, I am on a mission.
You just have to keep making more stuff I want, don't you??

Pretty please can we have a minimum drop version? The stance and daily usability of the 7/8" drop in front is perfect.

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor

:brokenheart:

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am in the process of installing base gt350 shocks and struts on my 2016 gt with Sportline springs. they bolt up perfectly fine. The front struts on the base 350 is mono tube and has a longer shaft. Also, the base 350 struts do not have the big dent on the strut body like the gt models. So running 350 struts with factory gt wheels you might rub on the strut housing. I am running 12mm spacers and Mrr 350 wheels without any rubbing issue and plenty of space.

Will see how the shocks and struts perform with the sportlines once completely installed.
The front 350 struts are identical to ford racing struts. Compression and rebound are also 99% same as the FRPP struts but the FRPP struts are twin tube.

Also, bump stops that came with the gt350 struts are same as the FRPP bump stops. Same part number.

Trying things out before I spend 3k+ on coilovers.

The Steeda struts and shocks are nice but they will not work well with sportlines. The car felt very lazy under load compression and it was uncontrollable because of the softer compression. Sportlines are more aggressive and also progressive rate. If you have linear springs Steeda shocks and struts would work well. Sportlines rely on more compression from shocks and struts that Steeda does not offer unless you are running linear springs.

Steeda on the left, gt350 in the middle, PP on the right

Gt350 installed with sportlines on my gt

And I thought that I had suspension issues. :lol: Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You can also use the rear base gt350 shocks but it will require a custom bracket. Shouldn't be hard to make one at all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Nevemind. The bottom of the shock is not going to fit in the control arm.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Nevemind. The bottom of the shock is not going to fit in the control arm.
Will the GT350 shocks atleast fit atop the LCA mount? I saw your comparison, and was thinking maybe a new upper shock mount that mounts higher could help with the travel.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I saw that.

But I think that once you fix that issue, if you were to "make them work" you would then fight the shock body issue. Looks like the shock would bottom out if they were not mounted "down in" the LCA.

I may dig deeper into this.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase