Sponsored

Base GT Quad Valence

tigermat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a quad exhaust rear valence for the S550 Base models? I'm debating between buying either a Base model GT or a Premium and i love the Roush Quad exhaust. The only problem is that the Roush rear valence only fits the premium models.

Anyone have any info on this?
Sponsored

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
So far the only option i've seen is trimming the factory bumper yourself to accommodate the quad tips; a few guys have done it.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
If you want to do it right, order a premium bumper for $332, then have a body shop paint it and install the roush rear valence. You 'll still save $3k from a base to premium after this is all said and done. First hand experience, you can not add the roush valance to a base bumper without it looking ghetto. There are no mounting points for the "winglets" of the roush valance for the base bumper.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
If you want to do it right, order a premium bumper for $332, then have a body shop paint it and install the roush rear valence. You 'll still save $3k from a base to premium after this is all said and done. First hand experience, you can not add the roush valance to a base bumper without it looking ghetto. There is no mounting points for the "winglets" of the roush valance for the base bumper.
what he said. I too love the quad look and I have a base. I wanted the touch screen and rear valence from the premium but didn't want all of the other gimmicky stuff or leather (prefer cloth recaros). I figure if it ever bothers me enough to change I can do it much cheaper than buying a premium car. Really bummed me out that Ford didn't make the valence swap as easy as the 13/14 with the Boss and GT500 valences.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
The base bumper is one piece. There are no aftermarket options to add a valence. The only option if you want to change out the valence or diffusers, is to do the Premium Bumper conversion. I've done it. There's information in the Cosmetic mods sub-forum if you search for it.

Sponsored

grizzwald5.0

Grizzwald5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Base.
If you want to do it right, order a premium bumper for $332, then have a body shop paint it and install the roush rear valence. You 'll still save $3k from a base to premium after this is all said and done. First hand experience, you can not add the roush valance to a base bumper without it looking ghetto. There are no mounting points for the "winglets" of the roush valance for the base bumper.
Do you know a place I could buy this bumper? I want to start the process of getting quad exhaust.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Do you know a place I could buy this bumper? I want to start the process of getting quad exhaust.
A few others and myself have bought this same bumper. It has the backup sensor holes, but don't worry. The Roush rear valence WITHOUT backup sensors will cover up the holes in the bumper. This will save you ~$100 from a bumper without backup sensors (its weird, but thats just how Ford priced it).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-15-16-Mustang-Rear-Bumper-Bumper-Cover-FR3Z17K835BB-/181937634345?fits=Year%3A2015%7CModel%3AMustang&hash=item2a5c53fc29:g:SB8AAOSw4UtWT1Gm&vxp=mtr
Sponsored