Sponsored

Ball joint failure?

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
The last few days backing out of my garage or parallel parking ( slow with wheel slightly turned) I have been getting a severe clunk on my right front suspension....any ball joint or other front end failures out there?
Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The last few days backing out of my garage or parallel parking ( slow with wheel slightly turned) I have been getting a severe clunk on my right front suspension....any ball joint or other front end failures out there?
Mine just started doing this from the right front. Did you make any discoveries or remedies with your car?

duke107628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jiyang
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT PP
I have the similar issue. When I go over and uneven road surface or pothole. The right front have the clunk noise.

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Mine is at low speed 20 mph or less. About to head the garage and do some more diagnosing. I have eliminated it being the strut or strut/spring bearing. I’m going to throw my stock sway bar endlinks in and see if that’s it. If it’s not that I’m afraid it may be a ball joint.

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
[ame]

Sponsored

c90369739

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tichu
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost premium white
Have the same issue on the front driver side, dissemble the strut tower.. nothing suspicious . And definetely not the top mount...

Mine makes clunk sound when both going through rough road surface and turning sharp right...

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I think I may have figured it out for my case. I believe the ball joint is bad on my front forward lower control arm. part #MCS190148