Backup lights

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Ive been considering replacing my 22 gt backup lights, long dark driveway, i was looking for a brighter backup light.
Cj lists 2 lights, one with 310 lumens the other with 800 lumens. For the extra few $$$ id probably go for the 800 lumens light….

Any idea how many lumens the stock backup lights are? And has anyone used either of these?

IMG_3400.png

IMG_3399.png
Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Let us know how it works out.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Personally I think the stock light is just fine but I have had friends change out that bulb and they said it was nice to have the reverse light slightly brighter than before. I would only get a brighter bulb in the future if the stock one ever stops working.
For the few seconds I am in reverse, something like this is not worth it to me.

Now if you like cruising down your mile long driveway in reverse at night, then yeah I can see the use case for it. They aren't that difficult to change out.

1qk7cj.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have the XPR, it’s huge difference over stock. I prefer it to the stock bulb, should’ve come that bright from the factory IMO

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I run the DD back up/running light & it's pretty damn bright. Don't know the lumen rating, but I just got it for the running light

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
Ive been considering replacing my 22 gt backup lights, long dark driveway, i was looking for a brighter backup light.
Cj lists 2 lights, one with 310 lumens the other with 800 lumens. For the extra few $$$ id probably go for the 800 lumens light….

Any idea how many lumens the stock backup lights are? And has anyone used either of these?

IMG_3400.png

IMG_3399.png
I got the brighter one and they are crackers (work great). One word of warning is to test their orientation in the bulb holder before fitting into light housing… one of mine did not work and had not been fitted into the holder properly before being fitted into lamp housing and came out of lamp fitting and was rattling in the lamp housing until I worked out how to remove it (PITA) as the diameter of the bulb and the internal housing is pretty close ….

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I have the XPR, it’s huge difference over stock. I prefer it to the stock bulb, should’ve come that bright from the factory IMO
I run the DD back up/running light & it's pretty damn bright. Don't know the lumen rating, but I just got it for the running light
Got a link for these bulbs

OP
OP
Jxp1962

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Now if you like cruising down your mile long driveway in reverse at night, then yeah I can see the use case for it. They aren't that difficult to change out.
Lol my driveway is not a mile, but 250 feet and backing out in the dead of winter at 530 am.. i could use a little light

heres a pic from my ecoboost as i backed out of the driveway, across the road and rolled off into the gully.

id like to say it was poor lighting, but it was more just me not paying attention…
I felt like a wicked dummy though with my ass end in the gully and my headlights pointing up into the trees waiting for a tow… lol

I ordered the 800 lumen lights at amazon… they offered free shipping.

IMG_3351.jpeg

Sponsored

mookieit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
I installed an LED backup light from Amazon. it is bright and definitely helps backing up in dark areas as it lights up the pavement and visible on the rear camera

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I installed an LED backup light from Amazon. it is bright and definitely helps backing up in dark areas as it lights up the pavement and visible on the rear camera
which one