Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
:doh:So my journey just ended badly. Turns out the dealership I was ordering through is only getting 1 for 2016. Their second allocation is for 2017. Just got the email. I was so close.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Backorder

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Lol just had a dealer think he was cool and "in the know" by forwarding me the "brochure" showing the 5 different models...am I an ass for replying:

"Thanks for the brochure.

I had seen pics of that online for almost a month now. I have also seen a few people with VOCs and DORAS printed out.

Have you guys tried putting an order through the system yet? Even though there is no official word from for yet, I believe they can go through, but that could just be certain dealerships in other regions too I guess.

Thanks for keeping me updated"

His reply minutes later:

"Check this out! I ordered the GT350 wih tech package in white with blue stripes (like the original car) and a black with black stripe ultimate gt350R today. GT350 MSRP is 59k, the car will be 79k plus TT&L. That's 5k less than another other dealer has there's available for and 10k less in most cases"

I'll reply with a scan of my VOC at MSRP when I get it hopefully later this week :-D

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Lol just had a dealer think he was cool and "in the know" by forwarding me the "brochure" showing the 5 different models...am I an ass for replying:

"Thanks for the brochure.

I had seen pics of that online for almost a month now. I have also seen a few people with VOCs and DORAS printed out.

Have you guys tried putting an order through the system yet? Even though there is no official word from for yet, I believe they can go through, but that could just be certain dealerships in other regions too I guess.

Thanks for keeping me updated"

His reply minutes later:

"Check this out! I ordered the GT350 wih tech package in white with blue stripes (like the original car) and a black with black stripe ultimate gt350R today. GT350 MSRP is 59k, the car will be 79k plus TT&L. That's 5k less than another other dealer has there's available for and 10k less in most cases"

I'll reply with a scan of my VOC at MSRP when I get it hopefully later this week :-D
Until I get my order in, I'm not burning any bridges, even with the worst dealers that I've been in contact with.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.

This is how 90% will be ordered is my guess.

This is also why doves cry.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
:doh:So my journey just ended badly. Turns out the dealership I was ordering through is only getting 1 for 2016. Their second allocation is for 2017. Just got the email. I was so close.....
Dang! Sorry man, perhaps try that other dealer I sent you info on?

But I wonder if they will actually cut the MY2016 short and move to the 2017 in mid-early 2016

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Called the Iowa dealer. None available for 2016. Thanks anyway krt22.

Woodrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15GT premium PP
Was at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, MI on Thursday last week finalizing my GT PP purchase, and the guy said that they were getting a Blue GT350 and were working on getting a second car but it was 50:50. They are one of the biggest dealers in the country in terms of sales and they can only guarantee one car.

He said they were just going to put it on display and wait for someone to come in an offer them $5k over MSRP. He also mentioned there was no A-plan which, given the location, cuts out probably 75% of their market... Will post a picture when it comes in.

PM me if anyone wants contact details of my guy. I've had 4 cars from him and he's been great in my opinion, but as with everything claimed on the interweb, YMMV!

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Was at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, MI on Thursday last week finalizing my GT PP purchase, and the guy said that they were getting a Blue GT350 and were working on getting a second car but it was 50:50. They are one of the biggest dealers in the country in terms of sales and they can only guarantee one car.

He said they were just going to put it on display and wait for someone to come in an offer them $5k over MSRP. He also mentioned there was no A-plan which, given the location, cuts out probably 75% of their market... Will post a picture when it comes in.

PM me if anyone wants contact details of my guy. I've had 4 cars from him and he's been great in my opinion, but as with everything claimed on the interweb, YMMV!
They're only showing 15 Mustangs in inventory.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Might not be that large with only 1 or 2 allocations. The big CA dealers are getting 4-5 cars.

Sponsored

Woodrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15GT premium PP
Wow, OK I stand corrected. Either way, their car is available as I understand it. If anyone is interested, I should be collecting my GTPP tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest, so can get the spec sheet.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
From my understanding its only Mustang sales that count toward Shelby allocation.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure why anyone thinks the situation with the GT350's will be any different than it was with the Boss 302's. Ford has already stated production for the the GT350 will be similar to the '12-13 Boss/Boss LS. The same frantic effort to secure an order on of those cars at release occurred back then and people said the same thing about how the ADM's would never go away.

Funny, a year after the Boss 302's release, I ordered and purchased a 2013 Boss at MSRP from a local dealer. It's that initial desire to be one of the first to have one that is driving all the hype, not the future availability of the cars.
Sponsored