Automatic Shifter Replacement

Eneely13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Convertible (ecoboost)
Does anyone know how to get replacements for the little screws? Mine worked their way loose and fell down into the console.
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how to get replacements for the little screws? Mine worked their way loose and fell down into the console.
m4-.7x4mm is what my Hurst uses.

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
Awesome post! I'm glad I found this thread because I thought I was the only one who hated the redundancy of "P -RNDS" on the main unit and on the button itself.

I purchased the parts necessary to replicate this with a red knob (since I have red stitching in my GT/CS interior).

Question: what did you do with the electrical wiring/harness that connects to the automatic boot/bezel? If I'm not mistaken, the manual boot/bezel doesn't have that connection, right? I'm guessing you just taped it off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for making this thread!

- Kel

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Awesome post! I'm glad I found this thread because I thought I was the only one who hated the redundancy of "P -RNDS" on the main unit and on the button itself.

I purchased the parts necessary to replicate this with a red knob (since I have red stitching in my GT/CS interior).

Question: what did you do with the electrical wiring/harness that connects to the automatic boot/bezel? If I'm not mistaken, the manual boot/bezel doesn't have that connection, right? I'm guessing you just taped it off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for making this thread!

- Kel
Depending on the year 15/17 the indicator lights up ..on the 18 and newer .there is no light ..if you do have the light..just unplug the little harness.

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on the year 15/17 the indicator lights up ..on the 18 and newer .there is no light ..if you do have the light..just unplug the little harness.
Thank you for the response, Elvis67! Yes, I have a 2016 GT which I believe will have the harness.

After unplugging the harness, would you recommend just cover the connector/end with electrical tape? (I apologize for the dumb questions lol, I'm still new to the car-world)

Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Thank you for the response, Elvis67! Yes, I have a 2016 GT which I believe will have the harness.

After unplugging the harness, would you recommend just cover the connector/end with electrical tape? (I apologize for the dumb questions lol, I'm still new to the car-world)
No not at all ...yes some electrical tape would would work fine and help prevent any spilled Fluid from Accidental getting in there.

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No not at all ...yes some electrical tape would would work fine and help prevent any spilled Fluid from Accidental getting in there.
Sweet! This was very helpful. I feel more confident making this switch now.

Thanks again for your time!

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
So, with the white madness shifter, how much force do you need to use to push the ball down?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This is from white madness as well and was the short shifter and the barrel shifter put into my 2016 Mustang GT Automatic with GT350 interior and exterior.

98B5A15A-1C94-4D21-BDB8-2517BE3D70B1.jpeg

A15B85DD-9EA4-4804-8B8F-DF86AFB6E4C2.jpeg

D41235F0-4C46-4562-A0D6-FFBBC6FFDE4C.jpeg
Sponsored