Sponsored

August 2017 Mustang Sales

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
And I assume you have sales numbers to back this up since you are stating a "fact"? Kinda hard to pull sales numbers on something not yet for sale.
Actually, that brings up a good point - I was simply going off of the August sales numbers, making the assumption that a new car will sell more than an old car (I know, big assumption).

But then I looked into the sales numbers for past months, and going all the way back a full year it looks like sales have been down 15-30% compared to the month of the previous year, which could be for a number of reasons.

So yeah - it may be more complex than just a refresh on the horizon.
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Go ahead and get nickel and dimed to death. It's your money.
:D

Which is part of why I'm current driving a base rather than premium 15. All that fancy premium stuff wasn't worth the $$$ to me but obviously was to you :D

Oh did I mention that I'm planning on spending lots of nickels and dimes by trading my 15 base GTPP for an 18 base GTPP with 301A, 10A, MagneRide, and Nav? Not the most financially sound move I could make . . . :D

But none of us Mustang GT owners can really brag about "financially sound" compared to the folks who buy economy cars or even Ecoboost Mustangs.;)

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
oh wait. heated steering wheel!? take my money! oh wait. most mustangs sit in garages when its cold and crappy out anyway.like mine.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
oh wait. heated steering wheel!? take my money! oh wait. most mustangs sit in garages when its cold and crappy out anyway.like mine.
Come to a place where it's cold even when it's not "crappy" out - anything above freezing during the winter is a heat wave for me :)

Never again will I buy a vehicle without a heated steering wheel :D

Sponsored

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I don't see any bashing going on here at all... sounds like the '18 fans are just as sensitive as you think the '15-'17 guys are. :shrug:

The point most are trying to make is the price doesn't justify the change for a '15-'17 owner as the changes just aren't that significant. The only significant enough change to switch is the 10 speed auto if you are a drag guy. Many would say if you are building a drag car go back to the '13 and '14s anyways. Look at the pricing of packages in '15 - '17 compared to the '18. If you don't call that price gouging you have enough money to burn and could care less anyways.

At the end of the day, it is your money, your car, your decision. Why get bent out of shape if others don't agree with you? We all have different reasons and goals for our cars, mine probably don't align with yours and vice versa.

No shapes being bent here, but definitely a bunch of people emotionally judging the 2018 without considering the obvious facts. When you argue based on emotion your point usually suffers.

2017 GT Premium- $43,565

-435 HP
-6 speed Auto
-401A w/ premium trim and shaker
-Black Accent Package
-reverse sensing system
-voice activated NAV
-1 year old
-Older design

- $2000 off w/ rebates
- $5000 off w/ negotiations but you know I'm not finding this config in a 2017 ANYWHERE at this point so I will have to settle for no black accent at the very least.

35-37k out the door.

2018 GT Premium- $45,680

-460 HP
-10 speed auto
-401A w/premium trim and shaker
-Black Accent Package
-Reverse sensing system
-Digital Dash
-Active Exhaust
-heated steering wheel
-Voice activated NAV
-newer design
-Brand new car never test driven on lots
-Better Gas mileage

- $2500 off for X-Plan
- $1250-$2000 in additonal X plan rebates

$41000-$41750 out the door

$6k price difference: minus cost of Active Exhaust and increase in base price due to HP increase/ engine enhancements

$3k price difference from 2017-2018:shrug:

So save $3k-$6k for a vehicle that's not built the way I want, Doesn't have active Exhaust, digital dash, redesign, 10 speed, is a year old, lower MPG and has been test driven by god knows who.

Didn't make a lot a sense for me personally to go with the 2017.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Come to a place where it's cold even when it's not "crappy" out - anything above freezing during the winter is a heat wave for me :)

Never again will I buy a vehicle without a heated steering wheel :D
Funny, in Michigan we always used to use gloves to keep our hands warm.

Scharnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Kona Blue
2018 GT Premium- $45,680

- $2500 off for X-Plan

There's probably not going to be any additional x-plan rebates on an '18 mustang, just FYI. At least, for the first quarter. Rebates are always light on Mustangs from Ford, let alone a newly refreshed model.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No shapes being bent here, but definitely a bunch of people emotionally judging the 2018 without considering the obvious facts. When you argue based on emotion your point usually suffers.

2017 GT Premium- $43,565

-435 HP
-6 speed Auto
-401A w/ premium trim and shaker
-Black Accent Package
-reverse sensing system
-voice activated NAV
-1 year old
-Older design

- $2000 off w/ rebates
- $5000 off w/ negotiations but you know I'm not finding this config in a 2017 ANYWHERE at this point so I will have to settle for no black accent at the very least.

35-37k out the door.

2018 GT Premium- $45,680

-460 HP
-10 speed auto
-401A w/premium trim and shaker
-Black Accent Package
-Reverse sensing system
-Digital Dash
-Active Exhaust
-heated steering wheel
-Voice activated NAV
-newer design
-Brand new car never test driven on lots
-Better Gas mileage

- $2500 off for X-Plan

$6k price difference: minus cost of Active Exhaust and increase in base price due to HP increase/ engine enhancements

$3k price difference from 2017-2018:shrug:

So save $3k-$6k for a vehicle that's not built the way I want, Doesn't have active Exhaust, digital dash, redesign, 10 speed, is a year old, lower MPG and has been test driven by god knows who.

Didn't make a lot a sense for me personally to go with the 2017.
Better gas mileage? It's still a V8 and it's still going to guzzle it. You might get 2-3 more MPG if you are lucky.

I had mine custom built back in May, brand new, exactly how I wanted with an MSRP of $44,370 with the performance pack, 401A, nav, enhanced security, and the premier trim, and I was at $36900 after private cash, rebates, and discounts with my own financing.

Corsa Sport was $1100, which is $200 more than the active exhaust option for something I would consider to be a lot better than active exhaust and easily can be controlled with volume as its not too loud unless you floor it.

$1200 for ARH longtubes, then another $500-$600 for a tune, we'll call it $400 for an intake if I wanted one.

So for under the price difference, I have something than is already leagues ahead of the 2018 in performance.

Same exact options on the builder, minus having the memory seats since they broke out the packages differently, I'm looking at $4500 more in MSRP.

I can think of a better way to spend $4500 for more than 25 horsepower, digital dash, interior changes, and active exhaust. This is why it made more sense for me to grab a 2017 at the time with the ability to fully custom order the car, no one touches it but me and its exactly how I want it. I just do not see the additional money spent well in the new 2018 from my perspective, but for someone who's never owned a Mustang before and can't get exactly what they want, the 2018 is a no brainer.

I was in a position to buy a 2018 like most are now. I never owned a Mustang in my life and I wanted to own my first one. I test drove the 2016 and loved it. I knew what I was getting into. I also wanted a good deal and this is one of the best cars you can buy for the money.

I also think we're going to see some good solid reviews to see if the upgrades meet the value on the track and versus the competition.

Sponsored

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
There's probably not going to be any additional x-plan rebates on an '18 mustang, just FYI. At least, for the first quarter. Rebates are always light on Mustangs from Ford, let alone a newly refreshed model.
I've got them confirmed with the deal already. They are applicable to any x-plan purchase. One is $750 ( expires in Jan), one is $500 ( expires mid october: might not deliver on time to get it but dealer said they would honor after pressing) and $750 private cash.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Challenger outsold them both and it hasn't been updated since 2015...
Their marketing team is top notch on that car, and it's hard to argue its looks.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
I just didn't like how the MSRP went up and the Performance Package went up $1000 on top of it.

I couldn't care less about the rest of the new stuff (Magneride, active exhaust, digital gauges, etc.). The Performance Package at $2500-$3000 was a great deal. Now at $4000 not so much. Still worth it, but damn it's a pricey option now.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I love my 2015 Mustang and wouldn't trade her in but I do like the 2018 Mustang if I had the money I'd buy one. Your right my 15 it is spectacular :headbang:
Sponsored