AU Delivery Checklist

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I asked the saleman to keep the window sticker and he very kindly saved everything he could. In the collection was a Baltimore delivery report which stated my car had 10.4kms when it arrived at the port. This had turned into about 14 (I think) when I collected the car. We had OTT stripes which meant more time (and distance?) at Flatrock.
Just had a look at my report and it says 11.4km for arrival at port.
Sponsored

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Looked at my my17 today, looks fine with 10klms on clock

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My replacement decklid panel has arrived at the dealer (portion of the panel above the reversing camera is not aligned with the boot lid - they weren't able to rectify it at the first service).

They require the car for half a day (!), but at least offered me a loan car without being asked.

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Checked out 6 cars at a dealership today (mix of 16s/17s, Ecoboosts/GTs and Fastbacks/ Convertibles) of various colours that are scheduled to be deliveried over the next few days and all 6 had the same paint issues.

Make sure you look closely and if possible have a look at your car under natural light (sunny day will show the inperfections).

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Checked out 6 cars at a dealership today (mix of 16s/17s, Ecoboosts/GTs and Fastbacks/ Convertibles) of various colours that are scheduled to be deliveried over the next few days and all 6 had the same paint issues.

Make sure you look closely and if possible have a look at your car under natural light (sunny day will show the inperfections).
What were the imperfections ?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey

Please be more specific??

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Have a very close look at the rear bumper gap, between the bumper and the rear panels (both sides). You can also feel the un-even/ rough edge.

It's not a big issue and you can't see it from a distance (unless the light is right).

I've been told that the dealers are providing Ford AU head office a list of the defects that customers find. So perhaps if we point out the defects (even minor ones), then perhaps the QC might improve in Flat Rock.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Have a very close look at the rear bumper gap, between the bumper and the rear panels (both sides). You can also feel the un-even/ rough edge.

It's not a big issue and you can't see it from a distance (unless the light is right).

I've been told that the dealers are providing Ford AU head office a list of the defects that customers find. So perhaps if we point out the defects (even minor ones), then perhaps the QC might improve in Flat Rock.
I noticed the exact same thing on two cars in Binks ford showroom over the weekend. Ripple paint on edge between rear bumper and quarter panel. Not that bad but still noticeable. Was one of last 2016 build just before 2017 build.

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Like I said, I saw it on 2016s (last builds) and first batch of 2017's.
So perhaps they have the apprentices currently painting the rear bumpers.

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

I've spent the last few days on and off detailing/buffing my car and the paint runs on the edges of the bumpers, doors and bootlid are pretty full on. Only noticed how bad it was after tidying it up. Not much you can do about it except point it out so that future cars may be improved. Bumper gaps on mine are pretty ordinary but again there's not much you can do to adjust it.

To the untrained eye these faults won't be noticed, only the people who are really particular will spot them. Getting it resprayed/fixed could potentially turn it into an easily spotted repair. Better to put up with it if isn't going to cause further issues down the track, scratches and chips in the paint would be the only reason I would get a repair done.

Even with all the faults I've found in mine from a few steps back it still looks the goods :thumbsup:

Sponsored

GGT-66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT
How many klms are most people seeing on delivery ? I remember mine had about 58klms on delivery
Mine had 11km but did display duty in the showroom all weekend. I'll need to give it a good cleanup to get all the hand prints and scuff marks off it.They didn't ask if it was ok to do this. Delivery girl says she didn't know it was put in the show room until she got to work Monday. No real damage but they could have cleaned it up a bit better.

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How many klms are most people seeing on delivery ? I remember mine had about 58klms on delivery
In my opinion that is excessively high, should only be half that at worst, even with getting stripes etc. Ours had 15km.

Mine had 11km but did display duty in the showroom all weekend. I'll need to give it a good cleanup to get all the hand prints and scuff marks off it.They didn't ask if it was ok to do this. Delivery girl says she didn't know it was put in the show room until she got to work Monday. No real damage but they could have cleaned it up a bit better.
That is a shame, hopefully they left it locked, poor form on them not cleaning it up for you. I wouldn't mind it being on display as long as people weren't allowed to sit in it and play with everything.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
In my opinion that is excessively high, should only be half that at worst, even with getting stripes etc. Ours had 15km.

Yeah I thought it was a lot , mentioned it to my sales person and I was told that's normal :frusty:
Sponsored