Sponsored

At least the Mustang will stay in the US (at least for a little while longer)

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Ford just announced that all of its small car assembling will be done in Mexico. Ford doesn't make enough profit on their small cars to justify making them in the US.
Sponsored

Reduxalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT/CS
It's just the economy cars like focus and fusion, I wouldn't worry too much about the Mustang, I would imagine it's their bread and butter while the F150 is their steak.

Last edited:

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
More Americans lose their jobs. Glad the Mustang is made in USA:ford:

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Ford better hope trump isnt the next president if so they might be jumping back over that wall to get back over here with that 20% import tax :lol:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Its not like the QC is any better in the states.

Sponsored

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Thanks UAW, for making more, and more, and more demands, until you finally caused another "run for the border."
You people at the UAW won't be happy until the auto workers make as much as doctors will you? Plus...All the payed days off as a government worker.
The first thing I do when I buy a new car is take off that Proudly made by UAW sticker off the window.

JCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 400a Magnetic
Nope, my understanding is the folks currently doing the jobs being moved to Mexico will just be shifted to other vehicles.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2016/09/14/mexico-ford-shiftng-us-car-production-mexico/90355146/
Ford has said it continues to invest heavily in its U.S. plants and isn't cutting jobs here. Last fall, the automaker made a commitment to invest $9 billion in U.S. plants and create or retains more than 8,500 jobs as part of a new four-year contract with the UAW. Of that, $4.8 billion goes to 11 facilities in Michigan.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
There are no job loses.

MAP is still getting new products to fill the void. There will be no net loss of jobs in the United States. Ford of Mexico has been in operation for 90 years, so of course Ford is going to invest in it.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I thought that the shift of small cars to Mexico was the reason for the rumored return of the Bronco and Ranger, so there would be no job loss.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Thanks UAW, for making more, and more, and more demands, until you finally caused another "run for the border."
You people at the UAW won't be happy until the auto workers make as much as doctors will you? Plus...All the payed days off as a government worker.
The first thing I do when I buy a new car is take off that Proudly made by UAW sticker off the window.
You blame the people that want to make a decent living and not the greedy billionaires ? Brilliant! What do you do to pay for your new cars? maybe if you reduced your pay the run for the border would stop.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Ford better hope trump isnt the next president if so they might be jumping back over that wall to get back over here with that 20% import tax :lol:
To correct my post its 35% tariff, talking about it in the news trump is and i am backing him on it! I dont believe much he says but he is on to something here!
popcorn.gif-c200.gif

Last edited:

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Wonder how ford feels about this today :lol:

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
To correct my post its 35% tariff, talking about it in the news trump is and i am backing him on it! I dont believe much he says but he is on to something here!
Who do you think is the actual payer of said tariffs? the consumer pays more at the store. Do you think the corporation will just absorb these costs?

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Who do you think is the actual payer of said tariffs? the consumer pays more at the store. Do you think the corporation will just absorb these costs?
They will hopefully reconsider moving back to the us and reopen the plant they were previously using and find other ways to keep cost down, but me as a consumer would actually pay more for something made in america than in mexico ;)

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Will never happen. All talk. This election has been full of lies on both sides. Nothing will change IMHO.
Sponsored