Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Hello.
I want to buy a wing for the car and I have my mind set on APR wing. The problem is I see 2 options and idk the difference!
First is the GTC 200 found on their website:
http://aprperformance.com/racing-product/gtc-200-adjustable-wings/

Second is the GTC 200 Drag Wing or just Drag Wing:
http://shop.aprperformance.com/inde..._59_101&product_id=201&sort=p.price&order=ASC

The only differences I can come up with is the mounting "legs" and the height of the wing. I for one want the first one, as it seems to be higher.
But can I put on the S550?
Is the second one height adjustable from the legs?

Thanks for the help and if you have any more info about them, please let me know.
Regards.
Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Hello.
I want to buy a wing for the car and I have my mind set on APR wing. The problem is I see 2 options and idk the difference!
First is the GTC 200 found on their website:
http://aprperformance.com/racing-product/gtc-200-adjustable-wings/

Second is the GTC 200 Drag Wing or just Drag Wing:
http://shop.aprperformance.com/inde..._59_101&product_id=201&sort=p.price&order=ASC

The only differences I can come up with is the mounting "legs" and the height of the wing. I for one want the first one, as it seems to be higher.
But can I put on the S550?
Is the second one height adjustable from the legs?

Thanks for the help and if you have any more info about them, please let me know.
Regards.
Yes. And the side pieces are shaped differently. Do you want something that sits higher, or something lower? That's the difference. As for mounting to the S550...shoot APR an email. I've had their products, good company. Easy to work with.

OP
OP
Lsstefan

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I want higher. But the mounting on the higher one is much bigger and we have that "lip" (not spoiler) on the trunk. It might not fit.
I mailed APR, waiting for a response...

Thanks.

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have been pondering that drag wing for awhile but haven't seen enough pictures of it installed to know if I actually want it on my car. If you go that route please post pictures.

gallopingmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 Ecoboost Premium
Did you end up purchasing any of the wings? I like the second Drag wing but haven't found enough pics to decide just like Tugger50H said.

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I saw the GTC 200 Drag Wing in person at Cars and Coffee on an S550. Beautiful. An actually functional wing and a great compromise between running nothing and the ultra-competitive (and expensive) GT-250. I am in the same position myself, debating what to do (mostly based on cost ATM). The GTC-200 can be had for about $600 which is not bad at all.

gallopingmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
If you care more about functionality (less drag, more downforce), get the GT250 wing.

Sponsored

gallopingmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you care more about functionality (less drag, more downforce), get the GT250 wing.
I'm looking at it more from a visual mod standpoint.

I called Steeda and they mentioned that it comes unpainted. The wing has to be primed & painted. Now that's additional work & PRICE. :(

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Totally agree. Nothing from the big Mustang parts guys is going to touch APR's functionality. I just wish the price was lower, but you get what you pay for!

I called Steeda and they mentioned that it comes unpainted. The wing has to be primed & painted. Now that's additional work & PRICE. :(
It still looks good unpainted. My neighbor did not paint his and it looks great on his Ruby Red. Let me see if I can't get a picture in the next couple days for you.

gallopingmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It still looks good unpainted. My neighbor did not paint his and it looks great on his Ruby Red. Let me see if I can't get a picture in the next couple days for you.
That would be highly appreciated. Thanks :)
I found this video but the wing looks painted - [ame]

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That would be highly appreciated. Thanks :)
I found this video but the wing looks painted -
Yeah no worries. If I haven't posted back by Sunday just shoot me a PM or reply here in case I forgot. I'll try to take some high res photos of it from different angles.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many

Nothing wrong with that, I think they look good and the Steeda is still functional so you can defend 'rice' comments :)

Totally agree. Nothing from the big Mustang parts guys is going to touch APR's functionality. I just wish the price was lower, but you get what you pay for!

The Steeda "S550 Functional Race Wing" still is quite functional. Heck, the S197 variant was on the Boss 302Rs that raced in IMSA.

However the "APR GT250" is a more efficient profile that has a better downforce:drag ratio and makes more downforce than the Steeda. But it also costs a lot more. It's also the wing used on the new Ford Performance FP350S Mustang:

gallery-1481233935-img-2446.jpg
Sponsored