Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
What were you expecting?
Exactly, unless tuned for the added octane the stock tune will only add so much timing advance. I believe in the 26.5-27 range max. Tuned it will see 32 degrees or that's what I'm getting running E85 or Octanium and 93 pump. On my flexfuel tune through LUND that is.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
RubyRed is right with the timing. OE tune will only add to the spark table slightly- you'd need to tune and up your timing to get that pep. Mine is tuned for Octanium and 93 after a bit of dataloging and I notice a different in how the car reacts. Adding a booster without tuning won't hurt anything and will help with any pinging or knock, but you're not going to get all of the potential

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
More pep.
I believe the stock tune will at max take advantage of up to 93 octane. So, that is about the power level you'll see with the Torco mixed with 91 even though the boosted octane is much higher. The difference in power between 91 and 93 is almost certainly imperceptible for most people.

So, as others have pointed out, to get max performance out of more octane, a corresponding tune is required.

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I just found a gas station that had e90, c16, and 100 on pump. Very rare find around these parts.

Drizzled a bit of 100 on top of my 91 just for the feels. Given that you never actually consume all the gas in the tank but sequentially dilute it, I can now always claim I'm running race gas - ftw.
Sponsored