Sponsored

Anyone regret getting a manual?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
ill say again. short shifter, CLUTCH LINE, bg or amsoil synchromesh, steeda spring and if doesnt feel night and day difference something is wrong with tranny or someone didnt swap the oil in tranny and was dishonest. sorry for the unhappy people who regret their mt82. i guess the moral of the story is do more reasearch before you spend close to if not more than 40k
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
ill say again. short shifter, CLUTCH LINE, bg or amsoil synchromesh, steeda spring and if doesnt feel night and day difference something is wrong with tranny or someone didnt swap the oil in tranny and was dishonest. sorry for the unhappy people who regret their mt82. i guess the moral of the story is do more reasearch before you spend close to if not more than 40k
I have all of that except for the clutch line. As I said before they all helped to a certain point. I was thinking about the clutch line but heard mixed reviews

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
clutch line helps huge. even more so when shifting in high rpms.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your shifts are smoother because it does not expand with heat like the stock clutch line does. They're for retaining correct clutch pressure and whatever else I'm forgetting LOL

I think that's accurate explanation of it. It was told to me once before and I read it but I forgot I'm sure somebody will chime in but I promise you it shifts better when you change the clutch line at least in my experience and from what my friends with the same mods have experience

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
^^^ yep, except I didn't do the clutch line. When cold mine is a touch notchy, but once warm, its as smooooooth as butter and so was my 2013. To me, the mgw makes a huge difference. So positive... like a rifle bolt. Only way I would buy auto is if I was a diehard track guy and wanted the lowest consistent times. Manual for life!!:headbang:

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
I gotta say...I love my manual. I do also wish at many times, that it was an auto. At over 1000WHP, daily driver...she has great street manners...but when I'm tired and after along show day etc, it would be great to just step on two pedals...

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I gotta say...I love my manual. I do also wish at many times, that it was an auto. At over 1000WHP, daily driver...she has great street manners...but when I'm tired and after along show day etc, it would be great to just step on two pedals...
1000WHP daily. You are a mad man.

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
hmmm, Any of you guys feel something crunching when you shift into the 3rd gear gate? Hard to explain but I feel it in my hand on a few of the gears, Even when stock.

Sponsored

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
hmmm, Any of you guys feel something crunching when you shift into the 3rd gear gate? Hard to explain but I feel it in my hand on a few of the gears, Even when stock.
Yea..pretty common. Fluid change, and a shifter or bracket will help that.

Nitronorth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rock
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
Mine has been flawless, drove the bag off it from km 1 and its been happy. Me too!

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
After switching the shift knob to a weighted Raceseng Slammer and switching the clutch assist spring with Steeda's. I have no regrets at all. I love my manual! :headbang::thumbsup:

PistolPete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi, 2009 Honda Accord
Hate to beat a dead horse but maybe someone can help me out in keeping my manual? I have an 18' that I bought used. Coming from an 03 cobra with a mgw shifter the mt82 is more smooth/lighter/comfortable but the thing locks me out of gear sometimes when driven hard shifting at 7000. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does I want to sell the damn thing! When it doesn't I can chirp the tires through 3rd and its the best thing ever! Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored