Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
No.

Stfu, thatā€™s a legit asking price. I must be missing something.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Isnā€™t the MSRP in the low 100s?!? Did Chevy stop making them suddenly?!?
After I saw it I actually went to their website and you can order one and they started at $104,000. So figure loaded $150,000.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Corvette museum has a couple on display, saw them last summer. Brother in law has a C8 Stingray, they are fast off the line but I donā€™t fit quite right in them.

The listing doesnā€™t show up anymore so not sure what the ask price was. Thereā€™s only 1 for sale within 100 miles of me and 6 within 500 miles so they are rare at the moment.

If Iā€™m going Corvette, I prefer C7ā€™s.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Nothing against the C8, the aesthetics just arent my cup of tea. But the C7 Grandsports I thought were visually very nice cars.

The Corvette museum has a couple on display, saw them last summer. Brother in law has a C8 Stingray, they are fast off the line but I donā€™t fit quite right in them.

The listing doesnā€™t show up anymore so not sure what the ask price was. Thereā€™s only 1 for sale within 100 miles of me and 6 within 500 miles so they are rare at the moment.

If Iā€™m going Corvette, I prefer C7ā€™s.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Nothing against the C8, the aesthetics just arent my cup of tea. But the C7 Grandsports I thought were visually very nice cars.
Theyā€™re a little too sharp edged. Almost looks like theyā€™re trying to copy Lamborghini but didnā€™t quite get all the way there. And Iā€™m not a huge guy but I just donā€™t fit quite right in them. A little too snug.

I agree on the C7 GS, itā€™s probably my favorite Vette.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really like the idea of Corvettes, I just wish they were built with a couple more inches of headroom.

I agree C7 GS is a good looking car. I really wanted one for a while, but the removable roof and defective factory wheels were strong negatives for me.

It's too bad the Corvette gained so much weight. The C5 is old and junky, but the way the suspension works is phenomenal. The newer 'vettes don't give the same sporty feel.

C8 is a non-starter with no manual transmission. But the e-ray - IMO GM did a good job with that. They used the EV elements to make the car quicker rather than acting like it's good for the environment or something.