Sponsored

Anyone here order and install the now-CA legal license plate wrap?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Www.licenseplatewrap.com

it is now 100% legal to order an official DMV sanctioned wrap of your license plate to use in place of your front plate. Has anyone done this? Pros? Cons?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Really? Nobody? Seriously? Where are all the people who moan groan bitch and complain about what to do with the front plate problem we have? State just handed you a solution !

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Great, now the state can go to work on other "solutions" that actually matter for modified cars.

Glad CA is now car enthusiast friendly.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Great, now the state can go to work on other "solutions" that actually matter for modified cars.

Glad CA is now car-enthusiast friendly.
Lol isn't that right. brb lets charge 80 dollars, for a 1 dollar piece of vinyl.
they saw a money grabber opportunity and they ran with it.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
No moaning and groaning here. I haven't had a front plate since I was starting to drive in IL which also requires one. Just looks bad. I really get a kick out of the people who actually install it off center to look even worse.

1652899090142.png

Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I have never understood the front plate complaints - I get it - the car does look better without, but it really doesn't look that bad with, and it seems like most of the time "alternate mounting" solutions aren't any better - like sitting on the dash...I wonder if people are ever injured by a flying plate in the event of a crash?

As for screw holes in the bumper...the screws fill the holes if the plate is mounted, and....what's the problem? If there was previously a plate, and now there are holes...yes, that's a bummer, but you could get it repaired/painted for probably not THAT much money.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
That was the second, extra license plate the DMV sent. It's a decorative piece for garages and man-caves.

RGV250F3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Lightning Blue , 1983 GT5.0, 1974 Camaro Mighty Mouse 415c.i.SB
Ca law says that is illegal as well.
I have been running the ft plate wedged into the pssesnger side windsheid since new, i have never been bothered by the Police or CHP in 5 plus years.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ca law says that is illegal as well.
on other cars, I put a rectangle of PPF on the bumper flat area, then I put double sided sticky tape around the back of license plate, then I slapped it onto the PPF. when time came, I just used a steamer, and separated the plate from PPF, then steamed the PPF off the car. no marks.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
on other cars, I put a rectangle of PPF on the bumper flat area, then I put double sided sticky tape around the back of license plate, then I slapped it onto the PPF. when time came, I just used a steamer, and separated the plate from PPF, then steamed the PPF off the car. no marks.

I too haven't ran a front plate since i bought the car. Its in my trunk though..

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I’ve never been stopped for no front plate, but may spring for this new plate wrap…

tonys_gt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Rapid Red GT500
I don't see what is stopping me from printing my own on vinyl. Not that I'm going to use one of these, but I feel like they're way overcharging for this... I got a fix it ticket on one of my cars because the cop thought I wasn't supposed to be in the carpool lane. He had nothing to get me for, so the idiot just walked around and looked for something. I have 6 cars and this is the first time that has ever happened, but if you are someone with something to hide, then no front license plate will just be a reason for them to pull you over.