Anyone have experience with this oil ?

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Not trying to start an oil argument, just want to hear what experience people have with this oil. quiet engine ? I currently run ultra platinum.
IMG_2548.jpeg
Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I use the 5w40 weight of this in my GTI. I actually did notice my engine ran quieter after using the Molygen. Previously, I had the Castrol Edge Euro spec 5w40 in the pan.

I'll probably try the Molygen 5w50 in my Snek this Spring.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Yes, I use their 5W50 exclusively in my Supercharged car. Happy engine = Happy driver.

SammyG83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am on my first round on this Moly oil after slapping a whipple on. So far no issues. It was different to see green oil. However, the price of this compared to the Ford Motorsport, I figured I'd give it a whirl. Plus you can order it on Amazon. That is a plus when there isn't a single parts store in around that sells 5-50.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Do you guys know if this contains any Ceratek in the oil ?

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/mos2-molygen-mo-moly.346560/#:~:text=Can CERA TEC be added to Liqui Moly Molygen New Generation Oil.&text=The Molygen already has an,has Cera Tec in it.

https://www.liqui-moly.com/en/us/mo...w-30-p001757.html#tab-label-description-title

The thread I'm referencing is a bit dated (2021), but the consensus at the time is no, you should not, it is not necessary, to add Ceratec to the MolyGen flavor of oil.

For any lubricant, any application, sometimes adding still other additives can have negative impacts. One extreme example is LSDs and lubes that are "too slick" for the assemblies to engage properly.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For any lubricant, any application, sometimes adding still other additives can have negative impacts. One extreme example is LSDs and lubes that are "too slick" for the assemblies to engage properly.
You would add a friction modifier to gear oil in an LSD to make it more slippery, actually. You don't want them engaging too much because you'll get chatter.

This is the opposite of what you would want in something like a motorcycle wet clutch, for example.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
You would add a friction modifier to gear oil in an LSD to make it more slippery, actually.
Not to derail the thread, but I did want to clarify my earlier post.

Depending on the application, I agree with you.

Yes, I know of some examples involving LSDs where specific additives or modifiers are part of the operating requirement. They need to be added.

But I'm also aware of other situations where, good-intended owners, added something that ultimately deviated from the spec and caused the device to not work properly.

I'm not saying the above is going to happen to the OP's engine if he adds Ceratec to Liquid Moly's engine oil. I saw it as something not required, if using that brand.

My point being, sometimes too much of a good thing, isn't always very good. YMMV.

Last edited:

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Schaeffers base oil is green. I used to run it in my Superduty.

Sponsored

Schuvwj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Roush Supercharged
I use the 5w40 weight of this in my GTI. I actually did notice my engine ran quieter after using the Molygen. Previously, I had the Castrol Edge Euro spec 5w40 in the pan.

I'll probably try the Molygen 5w50 in my Snek this Spring.
I love the Castrol Edge Euro spec oil!! I tried it in my other car with great results. So good in fact I’m putting it in my 2016 Supercharged Roush Mustang for the next drain/fill.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I love the Castrol Edge Euro spec oil!! I tried it in my other car with great results. So good in fact I’m putting it in my 2016 Supercharged Roush Mustang for the next drain/fill.
I had no issues with Castrol Edge Euro Spec. I would recommend it any day of the week 🤙 I used it as a comparison since it is a good oil that has served me well.

I do short OCIs, so anything meeting the spec works for me anyhow.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I am surprised no one on this thread is using Amsoil or Royal Purple. I started using Amsoil 5W-30 synthetic years ago and it seems to work great.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I am surprised no one on this thread is using Amsoil or Royal Purple. I started using Amsoil 5W-30 synthetic years ago and it seems to work great.
Liqui Moly is the German version of North Americas Amsoil…..
Group III+ is all any motor needs, so SOPUS has that covered.

Juggernaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Expedition platty max, TBSS, Silvy, Camaro
Not to derail the thread, but I did want to clarify my earlier post.

Depending on the application, I agree with you.

Yes, I know of some examples involving LSDs where specific additives or modifiers are part of the operating requirement. They need to be added.

But I'm also aware of other situations where, good-intended owners, added something that ultimately deviated from the spec and caused the device to not work properly.

I'm not saying the above is going to happen to the OP's engine if he adds Ceratec to Liquid Moly's engine oil. I saw it as something not required, if using that brand.

My point being, sometimes too much of a good thing, isn't always very good. YMMV.
On the gear lube I agree. I dealt with so many eaton posi units where owners used synthetics and the units would pop and chatter. I use to put a big sticker on box that said no synthetics. Infact when the tbss came out they had an eaton posi from factory and gm ran synthetics in diff which caused the chatter and popping. I stick with plain Dino gear oil and friction modifier if needed
Sponsored