Sponsored

Anyone have Borla ATAK Axle-Backs?

Delta1Seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 DIB
So I'm torn between the Borla ATAK Axle-backs or Roush Axle-backs.

I plan on getting a Catted X-Pipe after axle-backs to hopefully make my noise a little louder. I honestly don't want something too loud to attract any cops. I just want something that is loud when I step on it.

I really like the sound of the Borlas'. They have a really nice growl compared to the Roush. (Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the Roush as well.)

Does anyone know if there is any drone with the Borlas'? Will they be too loud and attract too much attention?

I know this guy has a few extra mods like headers and a CAI, but man, does this sound Awesome! I'm curious what this will sound like with BBK shorties though. (As long tube headers are too expensive for me)[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]LDQVqLDrRXg[/MEDIA]"] awesome[/ame]
Sponsored

totalimmortal213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Black
There is a guy on here that had roush abs and x pipe and he had the x pipe removed cuz he thought it was too loud. I've had the roush abs for about three months I love the sound as is but just ordered the flown master x pipe cuz I want it to be louder

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Birla products are usually always recommended for no drone and I had the BBK shorty headers on my v6 when I had it. I couldn't see paying the extra money for the long tubes for all the headache of the install and the minimal extra hp gains you get from them over the shorties.

totalimmortal213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Black
Birla products are usually always recommended for no drone and I had the BBK shorty headers on my v6 when I had it. I couldn't see paying the extra money for the long tubes for all the headache of the install and the minimal extra hp gains you get from them over the shorties.
I'm still skeptical of headers on the 15 v6 since I haven't seen any conclusive dyno results. Everyone who has got them says they "feel" a difference and the exhaust note changes but I'm pretty sure bbk has never shown numbers for it

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm still skeptical of headers on the 15 v6 since I haven't seen any conclusive dyno results. Everyone who has got them says they "feel" a difference and the exhaust note changes but I'm pretty sure bbk has never shown numbers for it
No they have not I do not think, I just went with them because usually BBK puts out quality products and they looked and performed better then the ugly stock ones. I believe I payed less then $300 for the shorties so It was a good mod for the v6.

Sponsored

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
I ran Borla S-Types on my '14 V6 and they were perfection. Absolutely no drone, and awesome sound at every RPM.

I believe the ATAKs will be the same; no drone and amazing sound.

Borla is definitely great quality and worth the cost.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
http://www.bbkperformance.com/news_item.php?nak=168

"Baseline on the 2015 Mustang V6 showed us 243.36 Horsepower and 232.76 Ft/lb Torque (Dyno Run 005.drf) which were a bit on the low side, however the car did not have many miles on it, so once it loosens up a bit we would expect a few additional HP and Torque numbers.

The Long tubes with a short off road mid pipe picked up 25 horsepower and 18 ft/lb of torque (Dyno Run 003.drf) and the shorty tuned lengths picked up 15 horsepower and 12 ft/lb torque (Dyno Run 008.drf)"

OP
OP
Delta1Seven

Delta1Seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 DIB
I ran Borla S-Types on my '14 V6 and they were perfection. Absolutely no drone, and awesome sound at every RPM.

I believe the ATAKs will be the same; no drone and amazing sound.

Borla is definitely great quality and worth the cost.
That's great news! I'm really leaning towards the ATAKs, it's just the price tag holding me back :p

totalimmortal213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Black
http://www.bbkperformance.com/news_item.php?nak=168

"Baseline on the 2015 Mustang V6 showed us 243.36 Horsepower and 232.76 Ft/lb Torque (Dyno Run 005.drf) which were a bit on the low side, however the car did not have many miles on it, so once it loosens up a bit we would expect a few additional HP and Torque numbers.

The Long tubes with a short off road mid pipe picked up 25 horsepower and 18 ft/lb of torque (Dyno Run 003.drf) and the shorty tuned lengths picked up 15 horsepower and 12 ft/lb torque (Dyno Run 008.drf)"
thanks zack.
this is interesting.
Sponsored