Anyone get the Show n go motorized From American muscle

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Just curious if anyone got the motorized Show n Go from American Muscle. On the GT with the PP the underside Front is completely flat... When mounting the plate and bracket... the motor tends to be in the way or not flat... .How did you install it? Make spacers? or did you just say f" it and just screwed it in. I was thinking of putting spacers to make the mounting even.. anyone have pictures of what they did? Did you actually use the metal strip provided?
Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Just curious if anyone got the motorized Show n Go from American Muscle. On the GT with the PP the underside Front is completely flat... When mounting the plate and bracket... the motor tends to be in the way or not flat... .How did you install it? Make spacers? or did you just say f" it and just screwed it in. I was thinking of putting spacers to make the mounting even.. anyone have pictures of what they did? Did you actually use the metal strip provided?
Hey SeaBee-That's a good question! We unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to have one test fit on our PP 2015's and I'm sadly not going to be much help on this but if anything I would try to shoot for spacers on this! I'm sorry I was little help again but let me know if there's anything else I can help out with in the meantime!

Alex

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Hey SeaBee-That's a good question! We unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to have one test fit on our PP 2015's and I'm sadly not going to be much help on this but if anything I would try to shoot for spacers on this! I'm sorry I was little help again but let me know if there's anything else I can help out with in the meantime!

Alex
Thanks... I think I am putting on a few washers as spacers and getting longer 8x32 screws.... from work. Should fit pretty solid along with the rubber squeeze nuts provided... There are plenty of drain holes on the skid with some actually lining up with the mount holes on the plate

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)

Alex
I installed the stow n show motorized plate holder just today and this is what I came up with using spacers to let the motor clear the bottom part of the skid. It's really easy centering the bracket but you do have to drill 3 holes.... 1-in the back and centering which was also easy as there are already holes under to use as a guide. You have to use longer 8x32 screws than the one that was provided(stainless) and using the rubber compression nuts provided. I ran the motor cable through the wire harness going through the front of the radiator and guided the wire with a coat hanger to one of the center holes already on the skid..... I did not get any double sided tape in the kit so I used some securloc Velcro... it's like a heavy duty Velcro interlocking plastic tabs and placed both sides on the transmitter/receiver and mounted on metal toward front bottom of the main fuse box. Ran the battery wires along the right side under the fuse box towards the battery and used the harness protector intended for the front part and used the entire length mostly for the positive lead following the wire harness for the vehicle ran the negative to the terminal on battery and secured it to the cable attachment at the 10mm nut.... positive end was a little more challenging Since there is no screw posts on there so I used one of the provided screws along with the lock nut in the kit and secured it to the center part of the split to the terminal then zip tied all of the extra and used additional ties for all the cables... there is a harness mount with sufficient space to run the wires through there as well...I noticed AFTER securing..lol. The protector sleeve can go all the way up to the in line fuse... wires were rooted along the holes for the battery cables/harness then re installed the battery cover... Hope this info helps others that purchases it... some photos

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time to have this posted! This is a really, really good write up and I think we could have this used here. Please take a look on the product page or Right Here so my content team can get a look! If the Customer Submitted Install Guide is approved it's good for $200 towards your next purchase.

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time to have this posted! This is a really, really good write up and I think we could have this used here. Please take a look on the product page or Right Here so my content team can get a look! If the Customer Submitted Install Guide is approved it's good for $200 towards your next purchase.

Let me know if you have any questions at all!
Thanks! I will do that tonight as soon as I get back from the gym and work tonight[emoji1]

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I will do that tonight as soon as I get back from the gym and work tonight[emoji1]
Sounds good! Let me know how you make out and if there's anything else I can lend a hand with!

Alex