Sponsored

Anyone figure out how to keep the fog lights on when signalling?

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Been seeing a few more threads concerning lights/lighting... but have not seen any progress made on keeping the fogs on when turn signals or hazards are activated. Or even, being able to operate the DRL's independently.... anyone with wiring diagrams???
Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I'd like to know as well. I think it is an extremely dumb design to go around a corner with less light. Smh

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I actually think it was one of the smarter things Ford did. I can't even count the number of times some car has turned in front of me at night and I didn't see the the directional because it was washed out by the headlights or fog lights. I am much happier that the fog goes off when the directional is on to ensure that on coming traffic knows my intentions.

Plus as for adding extra light when turning the Mustang fogs are useless. The only way they could have made them more useless would be that they were not wired up to power at all.

OP
OP

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The fog light operation definitely has it's pros & cons. I personally would like the light to stay on when I turn it on. And since they're largely ineffective, as the consensus agrees, why not leave'em on? Mine were pointed into the ground (like everyone else's)....were. I took them out, cleaned up good, put Lamix on them and put them back in with a washer on the top screw. Brought them right up, and are great now.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
I really hate this design. With the Mustang it is just the fog light. On Chrysler vehicles they turn of the headlight. Looks like the person has a light out.

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Huh I never realized they turn off at all... Going to have to check that out tonight.

OP
OP

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would really love to get a hold of a wiring diagram...want to figure out where to cut in a switch for the DRL's also.....

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
I actually think it was one of the smarter things Ford did. I can't even count the number of times some car has turned in front of me at night and I didn't see the the directional because it was washed out by the headlights or fog lights. I am much happier that the fog goes off when the directional is on to ensure that on coming traffic knows my intentions.

Plus as for adding extra light when turning the Mustang fogs are useless. The only way they could have made them more useless would be that they were not wired up to power at all.
:amen:!

That is all...

Valdez_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium
The fog light operation definitely has it's pros & cons. I personally would like the light to stay on when I turn it on. And since they're largely ineffective, as the consensus agrees, why not leave'em on? Mine were pointed into the ground (like everyone else's)....were. I took them out, cleaned up good, put Lamix on them and put them back in with a washer on the top screw. Brought them right up, and are great now.
There is a leveling screw on the bottom of the fog lights, I raised mine up a little bit. Now I can actually see their light output when I turn them on. I can almost just use the fogs as low beams.

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
There are lots of federal laws about spacing and light output in regards to the different lights on your vehicle. For instance, your daytime running lights cannot be brighter than your turn signal which is why a lot of cars turn off their DRLs when their turn signal is activated.

I am not going to dig through all of the different laws and regulations but I'm willing to bet the fact that the turn signal is so close to the fog light means the fog light cannot remain on while the turn signal is activated without violating a law or regulation.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There are lots of federal laws about spacing and light output in regards to the different lights on your vehicle. For instance, your daytime running lights cannot be brighter than your turn signal which is why a lot of cars turn off their DRLs when their turn signal is activated.

I am not going to dig through all of the different laws and regulations but I'm willing to bet the fact that the turn signal is so close to the fog light means the fog light cannot remain on while the turn signal is activated without violating a law or regulation.
Probably so.... there goes freedom of choice.....

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Probably so.... there goes freedom of choice.....
Yeh until some idiot gets hit for modifying his lights and totals the car and then sues the insurance for refusing to pay out a claim it shouldn't have to when most of these types of regulations are for safety and visibility not for you but the others around you.

Unless you are prepared to self-insure your car's damage that is and pay the other driver's damage out of pocket when the insurance claim is denied for modding to break federal law.

Always 2 sides of the coin.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
This is a visibility and safty thing. why would you want to make your turn signal less visible. Many manufacturers are doing this now, im sure there is a good reason.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Sub'd. I have the Roush fascia and I'm sure my fog light does not wash out the turning signal because it's not underneath it anymore. I hate putting on my signal and then noticing the fog light flashing off and then back on. Ever since I found that out, I've found myself just half way pushing up/down the turn signal just so it stays on for 2-3 seconds.
Sponsored