Sponsored

Anyone else have the "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault" error?

stctippr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT
I have an issue where every time I start my car I get an error pop up between the gauges that says "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault." I figured it would just be a matter of relearning the tires. I took it into the dealership that I bought the car from and they looked at it for a good hour or so and then told me they didn't know what the issue was and that they were going to call Ford.

So the issue I have is that they said that they would leave the ticket open and let me know when they had the issue resolved. I waited about two weeks for a call back and it never happened so I called them up to see what the hold up was. They gave me some line about how they were going to give my number to someone else who would then call me. Still no call three days later.

My question is, has any one else had this issue? Did you get it resolved?
Sponsored

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
I have the same and took it to my dealer. They ordered me a new sensor. Tell your dealer to do the same. Took a month to get it here, but it's covered under warranty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
I have an issue where every time I start my car I get an error pop up between the gauges that says "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault." I figured it would just be a matter of relearning the tires. I took it into the dealership that I bought the car from and they looked at it for a good hour or so and then told me they didn't know what the issue was and that they were going to call Ford.

So the issue I have is that they said that they would leave the ticket open and let me know when they had the issue resolved. I waited about two weeks for a call back and it never happened so I called them up to see what the hold up was. They gave me some line about how they were going to give my number to someone else who would then call me. Still no call three days later.

My question is, has any one else had this issue? Did you get it resolved?
I have this same issue, but it does not occur every time I drive it. I get the error maybe 40% of the time. I haven't tried the dealer yet.

I have the same and took it to my dealer. They ordered me a new sensor. Tell your dealer to do the same. Took a month to get it here, but it's covered under warranty.
Were they able to determine which sensor was causing the issue? Do you know how they were able to tell?

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
Yea, mine was easy. I went to gauge mode -> Tire pressure any right front was blank, others showed the correct psi... So it my case, my gauge told mee in the menu which tire it was.

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
Mine started with right front cutting in and out... Then, it just stopped working... Ingot that message all the time

Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
Yea, mine was easy. I went to gauge mode -> Tire pressure any right front was blank, others showed the correct psi... So it my case, my gauge told mee in the menu which tire it was.
Mine started with right front cutting in and out... Then, it just stopped working... Ingot that message all the time
I guess mine must be a different issue then, because all four sensors display "-" after I get the error message. Normally I can see pressures reported from all four sensors. Guess I'll try the dealer.

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
Make them change all 4. If it happens again, they can go another route.

OP
OP
stctippr

stctippr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT
Turn out they had the PP tires on my car for a few days while it was on the lot and just forgot to put the original sensors in. The dealership was prepared to order a totally new computer and put it in for me.

I don't know how they missed it the first time they looked at it. I guess there was a different tech there when I went the second time who was involved in the tire switch when I originally bought the car. He went and found the original sensors and put them back in and everything works fine now.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I guess mine must be a different issue then, because all four sensors display "-" after I get the error message. Normally I can see pressures reported from all four sensors. Guess I'll try the dealer.
Did u ever take to the dealer? If so what was the problem? Mine is doing the same thing

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
Did u ever take to the dealer? If so what was the problem? Mine is doing the same thing
I haven't taken it in yet. I will be scheduling the first service visit within the next week or so as I approach 5,000 miles. I doubt they'll be much help on this issue since I have aftermarket wheels and sensors, but I'll post back here with the results.

Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I got Kitana back from the dealer today, and the diagnosis?...

20151002_004017.jpg

[SARCASM]I'm shocked![/SARCASM]

The system acted up again last Saturday while I was about five miles from a dealer (not my dealer). I stopped in to see if they could check for trouble codes to help with the diagnosis. They said they would need to keep the car for a couple hours, so I told them to pound sand. Unfortunately the error cleared itself before I could get it in to my dealer. My dealer quoted OEM sensors at $98 each, plus labor for the install. I respectfully declined. Now I'm debating whether to accept free replacement aftermarket sensors or order a set of OEM sensors from CJPP for $150 (less forum discount and less some points I need to burn anyway). I'd rather not have to remount the tires several times. I still think my car has a TPMS system issue since I get two different error messages ("Tire Pressure Sensor Fault" with two sensors blank, and "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault" with all four sensors blank).

I'll update again later if I ever get this resolved.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I ended up going with replacement OEM sensors. I had them installed back in October and haven't had a single error message or blank reading since. Based on this, I have to assume the issue was caused by the aftermarket sensors that came with my aftermarket wheels. When I picked the car up from installing the new sensors, they asked if I wanted the aftermarket sensors back. I told him to throw them in the trash, which he quickly obliged.
Sponsored