Sponsored

Anyone else been shopping used cars?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm pretty happy with what I own right now, but I like to look around every once in a while just to see what's available. I was doing that and was shocked at how high the prices are.

Dodge Challengers - I saw a video saying they aren't selling and prices are being reduced. But wow - for 2021 models with a V8 and manual transmission you tend to be in the $50s. Newer ones are higher. That is just insane in my opinion. No wonder they aren't selling.

Mustangs too. Everything I was somewhat interested was crazy expensive. I saw a DH for ~$84K.

Older Caymans cannot be had for a decent price, either.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But wow - for 2021 models with a V8 and manual transmission you tend to be in the $50s.
I bought my 2021 scat with 6k miles for 42k back in Dec 22. New was 58k sticker.

Kunes in il.was selling their 23 new hellcat stick for 13k off sticker. 83 down to 70. It finally sold after 8 months.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I bought my 2021 scat with 6k miles for 42k back in Dec 22. New was 58k sticker.

Kunes in il.was selling their 23 new hellcat stick for 13k off sticker. 83 down to 70. It finally sold after 8 months.
I realize some of it is the time of the year. Up here in the north car prices skyrocket every spring.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I watch quite a few different types of car markets and some of the pricing doesn’t make much sense to me either. I expect the upper trim levels on some of the models to command a higher price, but the middle trims not as much. I was looking at Bronco Raptors a few weeks ago. Was really thinking about a neat convertible(theres a nice power top coming for the bronco) to have fun with with my sons. Knew they were pricey but a 24 was mid 90’s. Thought thats nuts considering my 22 450 platinum loaded was way back of that. Then for ….s and giggles asked what they’d give me for a trade in on it(wouldnt happen reagrdless of the offer), and they told me basically they’d trade me straight across. I know the sales manager fairly well and he told me they’d have zero trouble getting well in to six figures for my 450. They simply can’t get them. I watch the car side much more then the trucks but the super dutys(deisels) just bring crazy money even if you go way back a few generations.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Shopping for a new daily driver right now.

Basically have it narrowed down to two completely different 4 doors.

Option 1 is the new Lexus IS500 - as close as you can get to a 4 door automatic mustang with reliability

Option 2 is a used Porsche Taycan 4s with the 93kw battery - we already have a level 2 charger in our garage for the wife's hybrid Lincoln Aviator and I work out of the home office 99% of the time so my "daily" is only for dropping the kid off at school and for social events/business meetings.

Looking at white exterior and red interior for both vehicles and both are around the 70K price range. The Taycans are used and are depreciated heavily with some of them being 30-50% off of MSRP depending on mileage and factory options.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I got a ride in a used Taycan at the local exotic dealer. It is an Incredible car. The interior, performance and handling are unbelievable. I expected I would really notice the weight, but not at all, the balance is just so good. I've owned several Lexus models and I'm not a fan. They feel like they were meant for really old people. My choice for a 4 door is a BMW M3 competition Xdrive. It's a blast to drive.
Sponsored