Sponsored

Anybody own a late model Cadillac?

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
Wife wants an XTS and I'm looking for some folks who have first hand experience with Caddies, specifically late models with magnetic suspension et al.

Thanks, and no bashing for a GM going in the driveway....
Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
While I don't own one... Bro has a 14 'CTS 3.6 performance.. Drove it for about a month...
I can answer almost any question...

Edit 2014

OP
OP

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really looking more for a review I guess. I've never owned anything GM to begin with, and growing up, Caddies were reasonably exclusive automobiles that not too many owned. Now, they have shed some of that exclusivity and gone more mainstream and more affordable. The biggest concern I have now is are we paying for a name, or is the quality, comfort, etc. still there?

Andella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2008 Buell 1125R
I just traded in my 2011 CTS4 coupe premium for a GT. Great car. The 2011 infotainment system was terrible though..... They have come a long way with the CUE system. No magnetic suspension in that car but it handled great and was very comfortable. The only issue I ever had was some recall work

OP
OP

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I don't own one... Bro has a 14 'CTS 3.6 performance.. Drove it for about a month...
I can answer almost any question...

Edit 2014
So, as to the ride, what is it like? Are we talking granny comfort?

Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy has stepped up their game... but comparing to its german rivals... No its still not there. Engine was pretty good, not the best though.It did have the feeling to be a bit sluggish at times. INTERIOR, yes all the way. I would much rather sit in this than a 5-series, or E-class. EXCEPT, CUE. What a fail by caddy. I did not like it at all, hard to use at times while driving.
But..............
MagneRide! wow. It is honestly just a beauty... Even just coasting in comfort you can tell this thing is adapting to road conditions, bumps, etc. In my opinion probably the best suspension and is a MUST have if you are going to purchase it.

If I may ask... Why Cadillac? Has your wife looked at the german competition? Unless its an escalade, I just think they charge way too much money.

OP
OP

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
She hates MB and isn't a big fan of BMW pricing. Also, I am not a fan of their maintenance costs/ownership costs. My brother ditched a brand new five series because of the cost of their "free" scheduled maintenance.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only advice, test drive every option.
Lexus, Audi, BMW(yes I know the pain of the bmw maintenance)
If you decide caddy, get the magneride.

I just don't like the rear of their cars or the CUE media system. It's awful.
Sponsored