Sponsored

Anybody Buying The Extended Warranty For Their GT350?

B17drvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE #48
NO
Ford does NOT sell warranties directly. You must go through a dealer. Many Ford dealers with Ford sounding names (appear to be Ford and not a dealership) sell on the web. Aka they list themselves as "Ford Warranty" etc.

DO NOT wait for your factory warranty to purchase an extended warranty-

Do NOT forget you get 5 yrs 60k miles from the factory so a 6 yr (72 month) 70k extended policy is only buying you 1 yr and 10k miles....for the Power train.

Most common failure that will cost you money will be computers-electronics. EDITED TO MAKE CLEAR-computers/electronics are NOT covered by the 5yr/60k power train warranty. This is your danger point.

If your paying more than $1500 your being ripped off. Many people in their minds think $2-2.5k is ok having heard those numbers before--those numbers were more common when engine warranties were 3 yrs/36k miles...the factory warranties are grown in miles and time thus the value of extended is more limited--and the prices have come down (dealers just do not want you to know that).

Check pricing on the net before you ever talk to a dealer. Again, major dealers will sell warranties at good prices on the net that your local dealer may or may not match. Before the 16 yr olds jump up and down...they may NOT match...it is called business...they would rather lose the single sale to YOU then have word get out in your local community that you only paid xyz..... if they are used to getting substantially higher prices. Extended warranties are HUGE profit centers for dealerships--they often make 2-3 times more on the warranty sale then on the sale of the car.

Oh, any mod that will void your factory warranty will also void an extended Ford warranty.
You can get it directly from ford. I have several times. It's on the my ford owner website.
http://fordprotect.ford.com/vehicleservice/index/espuserinfo/plan/premiumcare/
Sponsored

OP
OP
whysoblu

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition
I just thought I would resurrect this thread to see if anybody who has taken possession of a GT350 has been offered an extended warranty on it and the outcome? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Are there any Ford dealers around the country that specialize in selling Ford extended warranty packages? In the Corvette and Honda worlds (and I'm sure others) you can buy the exact same coverage from dealers who specialize in cranking out warranty programs for about a third of the original price at your own dealer.

OP
OP
whysoblu

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
I was actually kind of wondering if Ford dealers would offer an extended warranty on this guy since it is a special performance vehicle and not a regular product.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
When i took delivery last week the finance lady initially tried to sell me a regular Mustang (she had no clue what a GT350 was) extended warranty, which I declined (I always do), in her zeal to further try to sell me the warranty she actually looked it up on the 'puter and said "Hrmmm, there is no extended warranty available for that car." And I said "great, I didn't want it anyway."

Sponsored

OP
OP
whysoblu

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
When i took delivery last week the finance lady initially tried to sell me a regular Mustang (she had no clue what a GT350 was) extended warranty, which I declined (I always do), in her zeal to further try to sell me the warranty she actually looked it up on the 'puter and said "Hrmmm, there is no extended warranty available for that car." And I said "great, I didn't want it anyway."

Thanks. That is what I wanted to know. I know the guy from Ohio had a similar scenario, but was just wondering if that was isolated or universal because I remember when ordering mine they talked to me about extended warranty, but they were probably under the wrong info too.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I wonder why they don't offer an extended warranty on it. Could it be that Ford isn't confident enough to offer it, or is it something else?

OP
OP
whysoblu

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
I wonder that too. With all this new tech for them the 5.2, suspension, etc., really makes you wonder and kind of worry.

MadManMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME GTPE, 2007 Shelby GT500
The two go-to ford dealers for fantastic ESP prices online are Anderson & Koch (http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/) and Flood Ford (https://www.floodfordesp.com). No other dealer, in-person or online, has come close. I went with Anderson & Koch for my '07 GT500, and they offered another extension to 2018 and 98,000 miles once my original 7-year, 60,000-mile ESP ran out.

Agentofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 302 Boss racing red.2016 350 Black with Blue
I did bumper to bumper 8 years or 32000.for 860. For the 350 with trac.i am sure I get to 8 years first

Sponsored
OP
OP
whysoblu

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
I did bumper to bumper 8 years or 32000.for 860. For the 350 with trac.i am sure I get to 8 years first

You did this through your dealer where you bought from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smbstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
OP
OP
whysoblu

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)

NCGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Technology Package Soon to order
For anyone that has GEICO, you can get MBI (as long as you purchase the car new, as the 1st owner), which covers mechanical issues for up to 7 yrs / 100k miles and is only a few bucks per month additional.

https://www.geico.com/getaquote/auto/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/
This 100%. I have used this for several years on my past couple cars and it is way better than a dealership extended warranty.

Even online reviews are basically a perfect rating. I sorted it from lowest rating. Which the cons given have nothing to do with Geico themselves.

http://reviews.geico.com/6912/0011/...rance-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating&dir=asc

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford