Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just went to my local dealer.

FMU 2026270..... £23.89
FMU 2026271..... £28.53
+ VAT

The covers have a little tab inside, which is to hang them up when spaying, then you break it off to fit them:)
God damnit, i was just searching for these online... That looks better for the money than a wrap... and that's ford pricing!!! :lol:
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
God damnit, i was just searching for these online... That looks better for the money than a wrap... and that's ford pricing!!! :lol:
I guess you have to spray them. I take it they fit easily?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I guess you have to spray them. I take it they fit easily?
They clip on/off. No idea, I can spray them if needed... Just asked dealer to get me a set so waiting for him to get back to me.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Looks fantastic. I never fancied Oxford on these cars until I saw one at a dealer a few weeks back. Definitely one of the best colours especially with the contrasting black bits.

Any details on the 350R wing? I went with 350 track pack as I was concerned the R wing was too overstated but the more I look at it the more I like it.
To be honest after I had ordered the oxford White I was feeling like I had made a mistake. I thought it looked worse compared to a lot of the colours but when it arrived I knew I made the right decision. Every bodyline. Every curve is highlighted. Pictures don't do this colour justice at all.

The wing is made by Anderson Composites. It's the carbon fibre variant. Cost 850 pound from JW racing. Fitted it my self (very easy as long as you take your time with alignment) and really sets off the back end as it flows will with the shape. Best of all it's functional.

Just back from the weekend away (Cough meets and shiz) car looks lovely mate, i'm with the rest black roof and wing mirrors along with black badges. I'd leave the ponies chrome, red pinstripe the blue snake stripes too lol
Yup black roof is on the cards with super snake lightning blue of the top strips and rocker strips like on the new Shelby. The front emblem is being deleted with a custom upper and lower grilles going on. I may be designing my own cobra logo and having that installed and placed. Bought a Shelby Cobra but didn't sit right with me.

Just went to my local dealer.

FMU 2026270..... £23.89
FMU 2026271..... £28.53
+ VAT

The covers have a little tab inside, which is to hang them up when spraying, then you break it off to fit them:)
Cheers. Will get them to order them and get Scotts of nottingham to paint them.

News update.

Also bought the red anchor room tints from Bas. They should be here shortly so the lights will be going red too.

Dropped the car off at Ford Loughborough for the front bumper replacement and they will swap the grilles out whilst they are at it an will also put on the way sto n sho plate holder. Getting various quotes for various bits of work (suspension, hood vent blinkers etc)

The lady couldn't believe I managed to get my number plate from DVLA and that Ford hadn't snapped it up for their own displays. When I told her it was 250 pounds she couldn't believe it.

Washed it yesterday and managed to take some good photos.
IMG_8101.jpg
IMG_8102.jpg
IMG_8107.jpg
IMG_8111.jpg
IMG_8112.jpg
IMG_8113.jpg
IMG_8121.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good! Where you going to have the roof and tints done?! And what suspension goodies you got planned (coilovers? ;) ).

Custom badge will be a lot of editing and faffing around to make sure it's "right" I tried to get a cool looking 2.3T with a turbo as the '.' but it looked shocking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need to ask around re roof and tints and supernake strips and rocker strips. There is a place in nottingham called blueprint. May give them a try. Reason why I haven't had anything done with regards to wrapping is the front bumper and hood. The hood is now on and the front bumper will be sorted this week with everything lined up, then I can get some quotes. Know anyone around Notts?

The suspension is Gibbos old set of Ford performance shocks and dampers with steeda ultralite springs. Waiting for a quote of how much it would cost if Ford were to do it. If its reasonable, I'll have it installed on this time around as well.

The custom logo I just got a quote of £250. I won't be going through with that. That money can be better spent.. I'll try and make something myself instead in lettering or just leave it with logos at the front. To be honest, the more I look at the mustang logo the more I am digging it. Might just remove that from the stock grille and put it on the modified grilles.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I had in mind. I have the Shelby snake I think I can make that lettering too using aluminium if I really spent time doing it.
IMG_8007.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I need to ask around re roof and tints and supernake strips and rocker strips. There is a place in nottingham called blueprint. May give them a try. Reason why I haven't had anything done with regards to wrapping is the front bumper and hood. The hood is now on and the front bumper will be sorted this week with everything lined up, then I can get some quotes. Know anyone around Notts?

The suspension is Gibbos old set of Ford performance shocks and dampers with steeda ultralite springs. Waiting for a quote of how much it would cost if Ford were to do it. If its reasonable, I'll have it installed on this time around as well.

The custom logo I just got a quote of £250. I won't be going through with that. That money can be better spent.. I'll try and make something myself instead in lettering or just leave it with logos at the front. To be honest, the more I look at the mustang logo the more I am digging it. Might just remove that from the stock grille and put it on the modified grilles.
I was going to suggest Blue Print funnily enough. They do all of Fords sign writing etc. They got recommended to me when I was going to go through ford to prewrap my car pre delivery.

I'd be going to wrapstarzz in Lichfield, for most my work, or Extreme tints and wraps in burton. Both decent wrappers.

That's a lot for a logo, I was thinking you could have a cobra with it's mouth open and a crown on top ;)! :lol: And then just custom plastic mouleded and paint it yourself... I was expecting like £50 :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
bit like this... Just imagine it in the style of the Shelby kobra. Write "king Cobra" under it jobs a goodun.
kkm copy.jpg

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see what you are saying. I'll take that on board. I'll get a few more quotes on the badge.

The king cobra I'm going for is the actual snake species which eats other snakes
IMG_8129.jpg
IMG_8130.jpg

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I see what you are saying. I'll take that on board. I'll get a few more quotes on the badge.

The king cobra I'm going for is the actual snake species which eats other snakes
I know, the picture I got is of a real king cobra ;)! But yes, mor ein the style you showed, just thought a crown on the top would alleviate the need for wording, but also, nobody will confuse it for a "Shelby" and say you're faking it, or confuse it for a dodge viper (logo). Don't want to be p1ssing of the purists lol :lol:
[MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] of course I added the crown lol. Opened up photoshop and got the first image of both I could off the googlesphere :p

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha just making sure ;)

But you totally got it regarding the purist issue. That's why I am leaning towards having my own emblem. I have a Shelby imitation sitting at home but when the time came to stick it on I just couldn't get myself to do it.

This is why I would much rather just have the lettering or if an emblem then something custom. I just didn't think the first quote I would get would be 250 quid!!

I'm also thinking that I might get two made and use the EU decklid with the gt bit sanded flat so I can put a circular plate with the logo on that as well. With king written at the top and Cobra at the bottom within the circle a la 2014 gt500

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I tried to get Blueprint to do my stripes.....they didnt show much interest:(
Sponsored