Android player upgrade ?

Sri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sri
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 PP
Anyone knows if I can upgrade my android player pls?

3BC1469E-AF0D-418D-9BDD-4A760437E57E.jpeg
C2E3BB70-38F3-4F0E-9D20-4926B7D5AF00.jpeg
A5FF1606-6DE7-46FB-BD17-935BB905AC82.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sri
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 PP
Bought it off an accessory shop when it came out last year. But will look for any vendor solution online.

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
What android player is that?

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
is that a podofo brand? i dont have one, i only ask because thats the only thing i can find on the net about it, given the pictures you provided. also looks like, from a quick search, that you may have the latest version available.. there might be more info on xda developers (See link below)

if so, email [email protected] and ask if they have any android update for your head unit. i got the email from this amazon listing: looks similar to your head unit, https://www.amazon.com/Podofo-Car-Stereo-Navigation-Touchscreen/dp/B07RFP8S2M

depending on how involved you want to get into this, you could also check out https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units and start searching and reading everything you can about your model HU, i THINK you have a model 8227L which i believe yours is, from looking at your pictures above.

OP
OP

Sri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sri
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 PP
To be very honest, I got the unit off an accessory shop and they were adamant not to sell it coz it was the only 9.1 but manage to get it off them.
The issue with this player is only the player cant be turned off completely when car is shut as the boot logo only appears when the battery is unplugged and plugged in and it displays one time.
The radio does off with the car but seems like some kinda memory or small power still running. I might be really really wrong. Maybe something to be adjusted in the canbus?
I will look into the links you have and have a read on it. Thank you.
Sponsored